Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Nov 8, 2003, 7:40 PM   #1

Default Olympus battery charger and travel

One more question before I go on my trip. I got an international converter with a switch for low wattage and high wattage settings. It says the low wattage is for like a shaver or curling iron and the high wattage is for like a hair dryer. Well, I bought the Olympus Stylus 400, which came with a battery charger and I want to make sure I don't fry it..... I assume that I should probably just charge it using the low wattage setting. Can someone possibly confirm this? :?:
hapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2003, 1:48 AM   #2

Default Setting for your battery charger

Hi hapster:

I don't think your battery charger needs a voltage transformer. It suppose to have auto-sensing and auto switching transformer built into the charger. Check on the back of your charger, it should say: Input: 100V ~ 240V. As long as the country you are going use voltage between that range, then you will be fine.

However, depends on where you are traveling to, you might need some sort of plug adapter in order for you to use it. Check out the link below to find out the plug for the country you are going to.

Let me know if you have any more question.

Good Luck! Enjoy your trip.
MrBattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 9:35 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply.

No. In fact, the manual that came with the charger said NOT to use a voltage transformer or it will be damaged. My question was whether to use the high or low wattage setting on the converter...
hapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:55 AM   #4

Again, if the charger says 100-240v 50/60Hz, then you can use it without any voltage converter...you just need the adapter to convert the plug type from the country where you are now, to the country you're going to. But check the instructions that came with your charger to be 100% sure.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 12:18 PM   #5

You should not have to use any converter for your charger except may be for a plug adapter. Because a pure adapter should not have a wattage selector.

I guess I forgot to attach the link in my message. Here it is:

http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

Let me know if this work out.
MrBattery is offline   Reply With Quote