Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:38 AM   #1
elo

Default eneloop charger

from all that i have read I know i want to buy some eneloop for my new Sigma 530 DG flash, but is the charger that comes with the 4 pack good?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...8F7IJ&v=glance

i see a lot of people recommending 3rd party chargers but I don't understand why
elo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2009, 7:20 AM   #2

The Eneloops are a good move...also, the Maha Imedions. The charger is a piece of crap - you can have mine. I would recommend either the LaCrosse BC-900 or the Maha C-9000 chargers. Do you understand why someone might recommend a Lamborghini over a Hyundai?

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2009, 8:18 AM   #3
elo

Thanks Rinniethehun, I spent about 3 hours last night after I post this learning all about batteries and I think I now want to buy a BC-900 because its a little easier to program vs the C-9000.

I had always used the energizer e2 recharables from Wal-Mart... I can’t even imagine how many good batteries I tossed because i was using the crapy charger that came in the battery pack.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 8:43 AM   #4

I picked up a Maha C801D last year. It has 8 independent charging circuits (I have a lot of batteries). It's not as advanced as the two I recommended in my earlier post, but it's fast and works great.

the Hun
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:05 AM   #5
elo

Just picked up the BC-9009, the Maha C801D looks good but I should be fine with 4 slots because this will be to power my flash only.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:42 AM   #6

Better get 4 backup batteries for that flash. I started with my camera (4 AA’s)...then I added 8 B/U’s. Then I picked up a portable GPS (2) + 2 B/U’s. Then I got a handheld VHF radio (6) + 6 B/U’s...Hmmmm...do they make a charger with 28 slots?

the Hun
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:45 AM   #7
elo

28 slots... lol

I have a total of 8 batteries, I should be ok, if needed I can pickup another 4 eneloop. I also have some old energizers e2 that dont hold charge like they use too.. I have hopes the charger can refresh them.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:41 PM   #8

Default Good move

Good move on the 801D. I too am a fan of independent slot chargers. I returned a Eneloop kit from Costco because it came with the non-independent charger. I had someone check another store and I got the last kit they had with the independent charger!

My 2 chargers are the C9000 and C800s.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:36 PM   #9

There are two things I've learned from years of using NiMH batteries...1. Never buy anything other than low self discharge NiMH batteries, and 2. Never buy a charger that doesn't have independent charging slots.

the Hun