Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 3, 2002, 8:47 AM   #1

Default Olympus C-3000 6V DC?

Hi!
I have an Olympus C-3000 digicam. On the bottom it's marked that it needs 6 volts DC. I know that on the market is an optional Olympus AC adapter, C-6AC, that delivers 6.5 volts. Can I use a regular 6 volts AC Adapter? I don't want to try it, maybe there is someone that did this and "burned" the nice little camera.

Thank you.
Ilea Cristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2002, 9:04 AM   #2

Ilea,
There is a second rating of mA just as important as volt for camera safety. If you are trying to save alittle money find a camera dealers that carries an after market a/c adaptor made for the 3000. Do not think you will find the required mA rating on camera or in your user manuel, they do not make it easy to buy a non Olympus.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2002, 11:10 AM   #3

The volts and the ampers are important, but in what manner? When we buy rechargeable batteries, we choose form a wide range of supplied currents. We can buy 1400, 1700 or 1800 mAh. Of course, the voltage is 1.2 per cell. But the camera don't give a damn if it's uses 1400 or 1800 mAh. But maybe in case of using an AC adapter, this range of mAmps is restricted to a unknown fixed value.

Do you have an AC Adapter for your C-3040? What reads on the back? How many DC volts and amps it delivers?

Thank you.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 12:33 PM   #4

I use a card reader and rechareable batteries. no need for a/c adtr for me. Change cameras alot and will never spend $50 for one again like i did for my 1st cam. think you find that this may be the way to go. can get card reader and batteries with charger for what an Olympus a/c cost. most cheap a/c adapter have low mA, multi volt ones are not always putting out the volts they say.
Gary
Ga
Old Aug 3, 2002, 2:14 PM   #5

I think a card reader is the best solution. You don't have to start your camera every time you want to download your photos.

Can you tell me please what kind of batteries do you use on your Oly C-3040 and how long they last?

I use 1800 mAh GP brand and after two days of playing with my C-3000, the 'battery low' red warning appeared. I didn't even filled up my 64 MB smartmedia. I've used the LCD 70% of all the time and the flash only 15%.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 2:25 PM   #6

Ilea,
I have been using the Kodak 1700, most people in this little town I am in are useing the Kodak 1600, everyone shooting Olympus. They really last, only person who had a problem was because girl friend did not do the first charge properly. The link on the other post sells Kodak 1850. The bigger the number the longer they last. With the card reader reader the pictures are there without waiting, makes life real good.
Good Luck,
Gary