Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Dec 10, 2009, 4:37 AM   #1

Default Batteries and chargers, Sony, Eneloop, Uniross, Camelion

Hi,

Needed some
advice, I have a Canon A590is camera, in which i use Encore2700 mAh NiMH batteries.
The charger i was using is a Uniross (charging output 150 mAh) which i got with a set of now dead 2100mAh batteries.

On an average i was getting about 30 shots on my 2700's, doubting the charger as the cam and the batts are less than 6 months old, i tried my girlfriends charger (Nikon MH-70). Put the batteries in, and ended up filling my 1gig card with pics(none with flash), without the batts dying out on me. So now i need a new charger.

The low charging times on the fast chargers are quite tempting, but since almost all the chargers i have looked at have a time cutout, im wondering if they will ever be able to fully charge my 2700's. Or any other higher capacity batteries i might buy in the future. Anyone knows how this works? Do they work primarily on -delta v protection, or on the timer?

I live in India and we don't really have too many good options here, and importing spikes the price up to a ridiculous amount(shipping and handling and customs). These are the sets iv shortlisted. Trying to post model nos and links to ebay India (hyperlinked below) so its easier for you to track the set.

Batteries and chargers:
Sony Super Quick Charger (bundled with 4 Sony 2700's)
BCG-34HRMF4
1050(2batts) 525(4batts) mAh charging output
Uniross Sprint 15mins Charger (bundled with 4 Uniross 2500's, made for this charger, blue batteries, will others work as well?)
RC103814-A
6500 mAh charging output
Sanyo 2 hr Charger (bundled with 4 Eneloop 2000's)
NC-MQR02N20-WEX
couldnt find this data, guesing about 3000 mAh charging output, correct me if im wrong.

Chargers only:
Camelion Charger
- 1000(2batts) 500(4batts) mAh charging output
BC0668
Uniross Xpress 700 - 700 mAh charging output

Really need to hook myself up with something that works before the holidays! Thanks in advance!

Christopher

Last edited by TheSandman; Dec 10, 2009 at 5:39 PM.
TheSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSandman View Post
Hi,

Needed some
advice, I have a Canon A590is camera, in which i use Encore2700 mAh NiMH batteries.
The charger i was using is a Uniross (charging output 150 mAh) which i got with a set of now dead 2100mAh batteries.

On an average i was getting about 30 shots on my 2700's, doubting the charger as the cam and the batts are less than 6 months old, i tried my girlfriends charger (Nikon MH-70). Put the batteries in, and ended up filling my 1gig card with pics(none with flash), without the batts dying out on me. So now i need a new charger.

The low charging times on the fast chargers are quite tempting, but since almost all the chargers i have looked at have a time cutout, im wondering if they will ever be able to fully charge my 2700's. Or any other higher capacity batteries i might buy in the future. Anyone knows how this works? Do they work primarily on -delta v protection, or on the timer?

I live in India and we don't really have too many good options here, and importing spikes the price up to a ridiculous amount(shipping and handling and customs). These are the sets iv shortlisted. Trying to post model nos and links to ebay India (hyperlinked below) so its easier for you to track the set.

Batteries and chargers:
Sony Super Quick Charger (bundled with 4 Sony 2700's)
BCG-34HRMF4
1050(2batts) 525(4batts) mAh charging output
Uniross Sprint 15mins Charger (bundled with 4 Uniross 2500's, made for this charger, blue batteries, will others work as well?)
RC103814-A
6500 mAh charging output
Sanyo 2 hr Charger (bundled with 4 Eneloop 2000's)
MQR02NTG
couldnt find this data, guesing about 3000 mAh charging output, correct me if im wrong.

Chargers only:
Camelion Charger
- 1000(2batts) 500(4batts) mAh charging output
BC0668
Uniross Xpress 700 - 700 mAh charging output

Really need to hook myself up with something that works before the holidays! Thanks in advance!

Christopher

I've used Sanyo Enerloops in every piece of gear I have and some household items with no problems. In fact, I'm about to order more. They last a long time in use and on the shelf. You can always use a regular charger for them but the charge time is about the same... couple hours +- a few minutes.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:58 PM   #3

Stay away from the ultra fast 15 minute style chargers. They will fry your batteries and you will need to buy more.

Stick with a quality charger like one from Maha, or any of the smart chargers
madecov is offline   Reply With Quote