Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Nov 29, 2003, 1:58 PM   #1

Default New batteries not used until needed (first time)

Hi, I think about buying a new standard charger (not quick) after my post about batteries a few weeks ago. I had expected to buy an Maha charger, but I want to buy it from USA, I live at spain, but my friend lives there and comes here at Crhistmas

Anyone from Spain or near from here knows about standard chargers with separated charging channels for each battery?... Any suggestion??

My QUESTION is about buying 8 Powerex Maha 2300 batteries, but I want leave them stored in a cupboard until i need them for first time, i don't need them now, but batteries lifetime comes too short for using them in my hp 935, so i wanna buy them for crhistmas, maybe they want be opened and used until april (more or less...).

Is that bad, i refer if batteries could be damaged if I don't use them for a long time, i expect that if i don't charge them, they won't have battery looss after....

What do you think? May I buy a mount of batteries for using them in next year?
Massimo_ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2003, 11:33 AM   #2

you can store them but of course they will need to be recharged a day or two before use. they won't go bad just sitting in a closet they'll just discharge. the 204F takes about 4 hrs to charge from no charge.

just for a reference how long do think the batteries were sitting in the box in the warehouse before they were shipped and sold to you. could have been months, right?
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2003, 1:36 PM   #3

Ok, maybe, they could have been stored for months in the cupboard in the shop, but i was really questioning if it's bad to buy new batteries and store them in a cupboard before using it until 2 or 3 months (new batteries for all next year).

Another tip, what do you think about Maha charger C401FS, it's because i had already a quick charger, but this one allows to charge batteries in quick or gentle speed, and it has got individually charging & discharging channels, that allows to check bad batteries.

Thanks for your answer.
Old Nov 30, 2003, 2:55 PM   #4

no there will be no problem. you just have to chare them up before you use them. now if you never used them before the first few times (4-5) it will not last as long. you have to break them in a bit. again 4-5 complete charge and discharge cycles

i have a 401 it works very well. no problems. i charge 1700 1800 2000 2100 2200mah batteries in it all the time as i need them. the batteries will get warm though when you fast charge them. it has normal and fast charge capability.
Old Dec 2, 2003, 8:33 AM   #5

Default ok. Good Gallery yours :)

ok, i'm gonna buy these Maha 401 charger, i want the best

you've got a very interesting photo gallery!

http://www.pbase.com/image/21746049 (impressive)

it was incredible took this photo!! sorry about people who was inside....

Do you pay for that gallery? Any free server for uploading my gallery?

Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2003, 8:54 AM   #6

crew walked away unscathed. it was a Fedex package plane. only a big mess no one hurt.

it is free with limits. i pay $66US a year and they provide me with 300MB of space and generally excellent service. a small price to pay in my opinion.