Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old May 16, 2010, 5:28 PM   #1

Default Titanium # TG-2800 charger

I got my Titanium battery charger (Mod # TG-2800) a couple of days ago from
Battery Junction. Thanks for the tip Shoturtle. It seems to do what was
expected. Charges and discharges batteries individually. The warmest battery
temperature I saw was 107 deg. F., which is OK. It discharges batteries to about
1.30 volts.

The instructions were quite brief, poor translation, and I am a bit
dense. I will tell you more information that I got from using the unit.
Trash the cover to keep batteries cooler. The LCD display is best read from slightly below
center, so either plug it into a low wall socket upside down or use a connector that
can angle it up. There are four horizontal bars for each cell. They travel down when
a cell is being discharged, and up when it is being charged. If you discharge, which should
be done every two months or less with NiMH cells, it discharges to a single bar at
the bottom. It will shortly start back up.

If a cell is defective, and some of my old ones were, the four bars blink. When cells are
finished charging the four bars are stationary. When charging only the top two bars blink,
and they move up with the charge. Same is true in reverse for discharging. The instructions
say 3 to 6 hours charge time, which seems to be about right, depending upon how many cells
are being charged and what their capacity. Good rate, fast chargers are not good for the cells.
See www.titaniuminnovations.com Gene Smith

Last edited by Gene9; May 16, 2010 at 5:30 PM. Reason: Better form
Gene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2010, 5:33 PM   #2

You are welcome, glad it worked out for you.
Old May 16, 2010, 11:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene9 View Post
It discharges batteries to about 1.30 volts.

Trash the cover to keep batteries cooler.

If you discharge, which should be done every two months or less with NiMH cells....

The instructions say 3 to 6 hours charge time, which seems to be about right, depending upon how many cells are being charged and what their capacity. Good rate, fast chargers are not good for the cells.
1.3V is a full cell, normally the discharge function discharges to 0.9-1.0 volt.

Don't trash the cover, it is there for a reason, perhaps to keep the charger cleaner?

Actually NiMH cells do not need to be reconditioned more often than every ~30 cycles or so, and the time depends also if it is a regular NiMH or LSD.

For proper end charge termination signal 0.5-1 x battery capacity rate is good, like 1000mA to 2000mA for 2000mA NiMH.
At slower rate the charger may not properly sense when the cells are full, as a backup it may rely on temperature rise but hey you removed the cover...
Egsise is offline   Reply With Quote