Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 8, 2004, 7:07 PM   #1

Default RCR-V3 Power Vision Digital vs Omicron

Anyone know the difference between the BatteryX Power Vision Digital RCR-V3 Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery and charger and the Omicron's? BatteryX goes for $69USD while the Omicron is anywhere between $27-37USD.

At 1/2 the price, the Omicron sounds like a much better deal. So far all I have been able to find out is that the Power Vision charger accept 110-220v 50-60 cycle, while the Omicron is strictly 110V 60 cycle power source. Otherwise, is there a difference worth paying that much more money for the Power Vision?

I don't mind paying more money if it is worth the difference, but after exchange rate to CDN$ we're talking over $55 difference. I can buy 2 Omicron's for the price of 1 Power Vision.

Tx
rogerstpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2004, 10:46 AM   #2
Administrator

Never heard of it, what's the URL to that battery?

Thanks NHL.

Well, the PowerVision was just the first to be available, hence the higher price. Glad to see there is competition, it brings the price down. I would say that one appears to be as good as the other so save some money and buy the Omicron. I ordered one from Beach Audio for testing.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 3:25 PM   #4

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to the test results.
Old Jan 17, 2004, 1:41 PM   #5

Default Just got omicron pack

I just got my rechargeable pack from Omicron. It charged up surprisingly fast out of the box, like 90min and the red light went off. I plugged it into my kodak dx3700, pressed and held down power, no juice. I plugged an old generic cr-v3 in and it turned on fine. I don't have a volt meter with me so I can't check the rechargeable. I'll have to check it out next week to see if it's a bad battery I got.

Oh yeah, I got the battery and pack from Beach Audio online. Let me know if you get yours to work, maybe it just doesn't work on my camera for some reason?!?
ttt90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 3:31 PM   #6

Yikes... that doesn't sound good. I haven't ordered mine yet, haven't got around to doing it, but perhaps I should hold until you get more info to see if the battery you got isn't good or else order the other one even if it is more expensive.

Tx for the feedback,

Roger
Old Jan 19, 2004, 9:03 AM   #7

Default quick test

I brought the battery to work and tested it with a volt meter and got 2.93V. I don't have other cameras to test so I don't know if it's just my camera that doesn't work with it.
ttt90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2004, 4:17 PM   #8

Sounds like the battery doesn't have a proper contact in your camera, did you have the same issue with the one from BatteryX?