Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 20, 2004, 6:25 PM   #11

I spoke with the factory today and, With a 30W battery and the cheaper cable Depending on what you are shooting, (Full power , Disatnce, and such) Flash only, Depending on flash, 750 to 2500 flashes. Of course this depends on what you are doing, Now with the cheaper cable Using at full flash and a long distance 30-40 feet you may have 5-6 second refresh time. But this is remedeed (refresh time) with the more expensive cable. They have shot the SB-80 20 rapid flashes and no Flash damage Disclamer they DO NOT RECOMEND YOU DO THIS!! But said a 3-5 Rapid Flash will be ok. So I think I will go with the $199 cable and One 60w Battery ( they recomended for my shooting two 30W's) but anyway thats another story. They are sending B&H a e-mail as to why they are not showing the cable on there web site. Good Luck
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 10:10 PM   #12

That is the cable I was talking about. Risks damaging the flash, costs more, but allows faster recharge time in the flash.

I'll be interested in hearing how you like the battery.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2004, 9:24 AM   #13

cowboy43
Have you gotten the battery & cables yet? How do you like them?

Eric
Old Jan 30, 2004, 8:28 PM   #14

Eric, not yet Ready to order from B&H but the Pro cable($173) is not in yet to save shipping they are going to special order it and let me know when it is in , then i will order everything at once, so waiting for there confirmation, I will post here when it is in my hot little hands, Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2004, 11:24 PM   #15

No problem... just eagerly awaiting your evaluation. Didn't want you to forget I'm waiting with baited breath.

Eric
Old Jan 31, 2004, 3:39 PM   #16

Default Need more power?

You could try an external 7.2V 2000mAh rechargable Li-ion battery pack.
In America it is marketed as the Digipower DPS9000 and in the UK it is available in Maplins stores and called the ENABLE EC-702.
I just bought one for my SD10 and so far its been good for over 250 shots and its still on the first charge.
It fits to the tripod mount socket on the base of the camera so it effectivly remains part of the camera and even has a built in battery charge meter made up of LED's.
It is very tough but very light, about the weight of 2 AA NiMH batteries, comes with the charger and all necessary fittings.
Maplins had it on sale recently for 19.99, which is what I paid, but I think it has just gone up to 29.99.
The DPS9000 cost's around $35 in the USA so is a real bargain.
I can certainly recommend it. 8)
Alf B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2004, 6:47 PM   #17

Alf B These packs won't work I just need it for the flash not the camera plus I need over 1,000 flashes between charges and very fast refresh time 2-3 seconds min, thanks anyway
Old Feb 5, 2004, 9:23 PM   #18

Eric, battery arrived today ,cable back ordered rats!! only took 3 days to get the battrey from B&H. they say one week for the cable (Pro ) type. Later
Old Feb 5, 2004, 10:51 PM   #19

Thanks for the update.

Eric
Old Feb 15, 2004, 7:00 PM   #20

Eric, How long does it take to get a cable? I e-mailed B&H to see what was up and they basicly said they would check bla bla!! New lens is here, And the high priced battery just sits here staring me in the face with a Full Charge. Oh well Just venting!!