Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:00 PM   #1

Default best AA rechargables for weddings

for the purpose of shooting a wedding which AA recharables have the quickest refresh rate and give the most shots?
camerageak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:17 PM   #2

Sanyo Enveloops - used them in my Fuji HS10 and HS20, they seem to last forever and the charge can hold in the batteries for months when they are on the bottom of your camera bag. I shot a wedding using my Fuji HS20 and only used 2 sets of these the entire time.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:19 PM   #3

eneloop or sony pre charged are both excellent choice for AA rechargeable. And they are low discharge. So if you do not use them in a year, they are still 80% charged.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:42 AM   #4

eneloop they are just great used them in my flash at the weekend and thy did about 500 flashes and still going
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:45 AM   #5
Super Moderator

I always use Hybrio which are another in the same technology as the eneloops so anything like that work fine. I will usually use about 6 sets (2 cameras so 3 changes each camera) of them at a wedding, they are never flat when I change them but I don't want them to stop working at an inappropriate time. In honesty I could probably reduce one change and still be fine but I like to be cautious. I shoot the prep shots/pre wedding with one set, then change for the church and groups followed by a set in the evening. Although many more shots are taken with them in the evening because it is dark the reduced power makes them last longer than the ones shot in daylight were I'm using them for some fill, especially for the groups where I'm usually maxed out on power.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:42 PM   #6

Like Mark suggested I too when I was using the Fuji HS20 as my primary camera always carried 4 sets of the AAs. 1 in camera, 1 in hot shoe flash and 2 spare sets. Never ran out of battery power. I was finding I could get up and sometimes even more than 500 shoots from the camera on a single set.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote