Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Mar 27, 2004, 12:36 AM   #1

Default Canon Battery Chargers

I have 3 batteries for my DRebel. I use two in my grip and have anoter for when I take the grip off. Minor problem is that I only have one charger (the one that came with the camera) and it only charges one battery at a time. I'm considering a second charger, if only to make my life simpler than remembering to change batteries on the charger (memory is the second thing to go when you get older ). In any case, I'm wondering if anyone has used any of the aftermarket chargers such as Lenmar and if they have any specific comments. Also wondering if anyone has come across a charger that will charge 2 batteries at once.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2004, 1:26 AM   #2

I believe the older charger than came with the D60 (or was it the D30?) was a 2 battery charger. I never owned any of these cameras, so I don't actually know.

I haven't used 3rd party chargers, can't help you.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2004, 3:36 AM   #3

Go to the canon site or the accessory list that came wiyh your camera, I think it was an option with thit the D30 and was the charger that cam with the D 60. I've also seen it 3rd party, Lenmar I believe.
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2004, 9:26 AM   #4

The Lenmar's I've seen are single chargers, but I've heard they are much faster. Thanks for the info on D60...I'll check it out.
Old Mar 27, 2004, 10:40 AM   #5

The Canon part number is 5737A008, Newegg has it in stock for $90. I have the same battery/charging senario as you and I can't justify the cost. I purchased a set of spare batteries instead and have set up a schedule to keep the charge up.
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2004, 11:01 AM   #6

Yeah, $90 just for a bit of convenience takes consideration. Walmart has an off brand charger for the 511 for 30 bucks...that might just work fine