Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old May 5, 2004, 11:45 AM   #1

If I buy 2300mah batteries does the charger I get have to say that it is rated to handle 2300mah batteries? Where I'm shopping I see a lot of chargers that only say rated to 1700mah or 2100mah and none that say 2300mah.
spurs50w21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2004, 12:25 PM   #2

No, it does not have to state 2300. The reason it states such and such mah's is (more than likely) the 2300's were not out yet when these chargers were made.

Do not know exactly what chargers (or where you are buying these), but if these are brand name (i.e. Energizer, Rayovac, Duracell, Panasonic, etc.) they should be fine.

Some of the better known (and better ones) that you will come across on the forums: Maha 401 FS www.thomasdistributing.com, Lightning Pack 4000N www.ripvan100.com, and another excellent charger NEXcell NC20FC www.starbatteries.com

Good Day,

Steven
Steven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 8:49 PM   #3

Thanks, some of the chargers I am considering are energizer, and rayovac. I'm picking it up tonight.
spurs50w21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2004, 6:41 AM   #4
blr

spurs50w21 wrote:
Quote:
If I buy 2300mah batteries does the charger I get have to say that it is rated to handle 2300mah batteries? Where I'm shopping I see a lot of chargers that only say rated to 1700mah or 2100mah and none that say 2300mah.
A problem may occur if the charger is backed up by a safety timer. Some fast smart chargers have safety timers as a second safety feature should the voltage detection fail. If the charger was designed to handle say max 2000 mAh cells it may be that the safety timer is set for too short of a time and won't allow full charge of the higher capacity cells. I used to have an Ansman charger that did exactly this. It couldn't handle cells above 2000 mAh.The timer will go off too soon.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote