Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old May 11, 2004, 5:25 PM   #1

:?I have a moby power rechargeable CR-V3 and a nikon coolpix 3100 and 2 nikon 3200s. The battery works in the 3100 and the first of the 3200 (the first was made in China). The second 3200 was bought this week. I tried 3 different 3200s in the store before all of usrealized that the battery simply will not work in the newer 3200s (made in indonesia). Do you have any ideas?

Jeff K
Jeff Karsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2004, 2:04 AM   #2
Administrator

It has to do with the contacts inside the battery compartment. I have seen some CRV3 compatible cameras work OK with one rechargeable CRV3 and not another. Right now there are three basic styles of CRV3 rechargeables, each has a different way to get the charging current into the battery - one uses the regular + and - contacts, one has another set of charging contacts on the opposite end of the battery and the last one has a special third contact inbetween the regular + and - contacts. I think there is also a difference in the actual length of some of these batteries which means that some will make better contact with more pressure than the others.

See the CRV3 rechargeable battery kits we list on our battery page:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html#crv3

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 9:01 PM   #3

I have a brand new Nikon 3200 and bought the Delkin rechargeable. It required quite a bit of pressure to get it into the battery compartment... hopefully, it will not break the latch.

There must be some variation in length, although you would think that the least manufacturers could do would be to make all batteries the same size. My owner's manual even recommends against using Eveready CR-V3 batteries (non-rechargeable) since they may not fit properly.

Bob Javits

nj10user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 4:38 PM   #4

steve wrote:
Quote:
I think there is also a difference in the actual length of some of these batteries which means that some will make better contact with more pressure than the others.
Indeed. (Google led me to this old thread, by the way)

I bought a rechargable RCR-V3 battery from amazon [1] and it works with my Nikon 3200 if the battery door isn't closed... once I close it, then power is lost.

Matthew

[1] Photograph: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...dL._AA280_.jpg
mflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2008, 4:38 AM   #5

Where is the link to different crv3 recharageable battery sizes?
blibecap is offline   Reply With Quote