Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 4, 2004, 12:06 AM   #1

I have just purchased a canon s60 and want to purchase an extra battery. It seems the canon battery is fairly expensive. I have seen several generic batteries on the internet and ebay that claim to be even better than the canon batteries(1000 mAh Power for the generics vs. 700 for the canon battery). Does anyone know if these are truely better/longer lasting batteries? I have seen them for as low as $12 to $15. Also I have seen what is called 'rapid chargers' that claim to charge the battery twice as fast as the charger that comes with the camera. True? If so, will this give the battery just as good a charge as the longer charge time in the traditional charger? Any advice/info. would be appreciated. Thanks.
jckrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:51 PM   #2
Administrator

If you want a 3rd party battery I'd recommend the Maha/PowerEx batteries and stick with your Canon charger. You never know what you get on eBay or other places with those so-called generic batteries. Is it worh saving $20 and wrecking your camera?

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/view...?idProduct=103
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 5:22 PM   #3

Hello Steve,

I did go to the site that you mentioned however the battery they are selling appears to be for the S50 and several other cameras but not the S60. I'm sure that it wouuld work in the S60 but one of the improvments in the S60 was a longer lasting battery. It appears this battery is the same power as the S50 battery but not the newer S60.Actually it does list it as being for the S50 but doesn't mention the S60. I did a search for the S60 batteries and did not find anything on their site. Hopefully they will have one soon.
jckrell is offline   Reply With Quote