Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Dec 21, 2004, 8:04 PM   #21

I have used the Lenmar in my FZ20 with no problems. It fit the camera and charger without bindingand I could not find any issues as far as fit or operation between it and the factory original. I am totally satisfied with the purchase.
crzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:08 AM   #22

cr Thanks for the info

Janter
Janter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:11 PM   #23

The overstock.com ones look like the cga-S002a, may try them. Can anyone tell me if they have used the generic batteries for the FZ20 like those listed from this place?
http://www.batterysavings.com/s_4___...CID=C10204x016

States they are fully compatible with cga-s002a for the FZ20
and the stats look the same but, since they are almost 1/2 the price. Would like to know if anyone has tried them and if they were satisfied before I buy some.

Thanks....
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:37 PM   #24

Just an update, I also received my lenmar DLP002's for the FZ20 from Amazon.com. No fit problems in camera or charger, appear to work great, carry a 3 year warranty.

static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:09 PM   #25

I had an FZ10 (died) but I believe the batteries are the same. I bought a spare battery from the Battery Barn (http://www.batterybarn.com). The model I choose was item # AC-CGA8002, a replacement for Panasonic CGA-S002 (7.2v 800 mAh Lithium-ion) brand name Power2000. $37.95, free shipping. This battery is considerably longer life than the battery shipped with the camera.

A word of caution: some third party batteries are poorly made and may not even fit into your camera! On the advice of a co-worker I purchased this one. I used it as my primary battery and carried my original in a small athletic key bag attached to the strap of my FZ10.
Trawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 7:28 PM   #26

What did your FZ10 camera die from? BTW, my spare batterysays CE on it with DMW-BM7 as anumber.
jdennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:05 PM   #27

I just got a Panasonic FZ20 and a Lenmar DLP002 extra battery, but was a bit worried by the need to force it into the camera, as discussed here. Well, good news. No forcing required. It fit into the charger and camera just as well as the Panasonic battery that came with the camera. Hopefully they changed the design a bit, and it's not that there is manufacturing differences between batteries.

Martin
GliderMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 4:23 PM   #28

Could anyone comment on this battery?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

It's in Canada so the shipping/customs process is easier for me. The thing that caught my eye was it's rated at 500mAh capacity, isn't the standard listed at 680mAh?.
Rhombuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 6:04 PM   #29

The standard is 680. I would imagine that you would get less pic per charge and certainly less lcd and flash usage. If anything go for a higher rated one. somebody on here has a 800ma one and he said it lasted ruddy ages!

Woody

ps. I use a cheap generic one off ebay as my second one - rated the same and lasts as long!
ukwoody is offline   Reply With Quote