Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Nov 20, 2004, 8:41 AM   #11

Yes, you are correct. I checked my Energizer 2100 and Sanyo 2100 and they both have the word "HR". I did tried a couple of times and everytime, the freshly charged Energizer allow me to take over 100+pics whereas the Sanyo only about half that figure. I just don't understand.

blr wrote:
Quote:
tourist wrote:
Quote:
I uses a Nikon 3100. Have tried Nikon AA NiMh battery, Sanyo 2100 and Energizer 2100. All charged using Nikon own quick charger. Energizer works best for me.
Energizer 2100 may be made by Sanyo. Check the negative (flat) electrode. If there's a small engraving reading "HR" then most probably these are rebadged Sanyo cells. I used to have some Energizer 1700 cells which were, I believe made by Sanyo. There are 3 major NiMH cells manufactureres Sanyo, Panasonic and GP. Most of the other companies stock cells from them under their respective brands. I've done some testing on all three major brands and have found that Sanyos are the closest to their rated capacity and very consiste
nt from cell to cell.
tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 5:44 AM   #12
blr

tourist wrote:
Quote:
Yes, you are correct. I checked my Energizer 2100 and Sanyo 2100 and they both have the word "HR". I did tried a couple of times and everytime, the freshly charged Energizer allow me to take over 100+pics whereas the Sanyo only about half that figure. I just don't understand.
That's strange. The cells are supposed to be identical. How old are the Sanyos compared to Energizers and how were they charged in the past. It is also possible that one of the Sanyo cells is deffective and don't deliver normal capacity and as aresult the whole battery becomes weaker.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 5:30 PM   #13

What kind of camera are you using when you're getting 100 pics? I can get 550-600 pics (mixed conditions w/ LCD always on) with my A75 using GP2000mAh as well as Energizer 2300mAh. Also are the batteries new? Both the GP and Energizer capacity when up significantly after the 3rd to 4th charge.

Sam

PS- I use a Maha 401FS
spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 8:19 PM   #14

I am using a Nikon 3100 that hold only 2 AA batteries compared to your A75's 4. The last time I tried it, a FRESHLY charged Energizer 2100 gave me about 130-pics with ~half of them with flash. So it seems your A75 simply uses less power. The only reason I don't get the A75 at the time was it's size and some report of pics softness without software adjustment.

I bought Sanyo 2100 from 2 different location, a total of 6 batteries and they all doesn't last as long. So I doubt they are bad because I am satisfied with them when I used them in other electronic gears......portable CDP, shaver, romote control etc.

tourist is offline   Reply With Quote