Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Sep 7, 2004, 4:09 PM   #1

Hi guys, there have been so many questions and answers about NiMH batteries that I feel like asking another one. I am presently using Sanyo's 2100 rechargeables but for some reason they don't last so long as some claim. I wonder if anyone has been using charger that proved to be reliable and batteries last at least 100 pictures. And if not asking for too much, would they be available in CANADA . TY.
kabrnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2004, 9:34 PM   #2
Baz

Have a look at this site. Information on NiMH batteries & chargers.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM

I use & can recommend the Powerex batteries, and the Maha & Lightning Pack4000N chargers. The Sanyo batteries also rate highly too.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2004, 1:13 AM   #3

I use the Sanyos exclusively in my flashes, and used to carry Sanyos for use in my Olympus E-10 back in the days. The battery life and number of photos you take varies too much from camera to camera and according to how you use your camera. Some cameras are real hogs and use up a set of 2100's in no time, others will last a long time. "Your milage will vary" is a very true statement.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2004, 5:51 PM   #4

Thanks marokero, I think I will try another brand and see what happens.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 11:17 AM   #5
blr

kabrnak wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys, there have been so many questions and answers about NiMH batteries that I feel like asking another one. I am presently using Sanyo's 2100 rechargeables but for some reason they don't last so long as some claim. I wonder if anyone has been using charger that proved to be reliable and batteries last at least 100 pictures. And if not asking for too much, would they be available in CANADA . TY.

You don't write how you charge them. Sanyo NiMH are IMO among the best (if not the best) cells on the market. Many companies use rebranded Sanyo cells, like Kodak, Sony, Olympus, Varta. I doubt that the problem is in the cells themselves. You may however have a faulty cell that has a lower capacity than the rest. During use it will discharge first bringing down the voltage of the whole pack and you get a low battery warning
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2004, 6:13 PM   #6

Thanks for your comment re: my rechargeables. I solved my problem when I bought Maha charger. In my opinion this is the best charger on the market and batteries keep power for much longer time. Thanks again.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 9:53 PM   #7

I uses a Nikon 3100. Have tried Nikon AA NiMh battery, Sanyo 2100 and Energizer 2100. All charged using Nikon own quick charger. Energizer works best for me.
tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:26 AM   #8
blr

tourist wrote:
Quote:
I uses a Nikon 3100. Have tried Nikon AA NiMh battery, Sanyo 2100 and Energizer 2100. All charged using Nikon own quick charger. Energizer works best for me.
Energizer 2100 may be made by Sanyo. Check the negative (flat) electrode. If there's a small engraving reading "HR" then most probably these are rebadged Sanyo cells. I used to have some Energizer 1700 cells which were, I believe made by Sanyo. There are 3 major NiMH cells manufactureres Sanyo, Panasonic and GP. Most of the other companies stock cells from them under their respective brands. I've done some testing on all three major brands and have found that Sanyos are the closest to their rated capacity and very consistent from cell to cell.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:00 AM   #9
Administrator

Baz wrote:
Quote:
Have a look at this site. Information on NiMH batteries & chargers.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM

I use & can recommend the Powerex batteries, and the Maha & Lightning Pack4000N chargers. The Sanyo batteries also rate highly too.

And hey - don't forget about my battery page :O you'll find links to get the best batteries and chargers available at the lowest prices. Check out the new 2400 and 2500mAh NiMH batteries - they really kick butt

http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 12:21 AM   #10
Baz

Yes of course Steve. Quite right. I should have mentioned your battery page. I've used it often to learn about batteries & chargers. A great resource.

In fact my recommendation of the Maha & Lightning pack chargers came from your battery page. My post was dated September, and now your battery pagehas new useful information.

Although I only listed the Imaging-resource url, I have previously advised of your battery page,like in this post:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=51

Interesting, in your battery page you link to Imaging-Resources as a "Friend"

To all on Steves forums, do have a look at Steve's Battery Page.

Am I forgiven?

Regards, Baz.

Baz is offline   Reply With Quote