Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 4, 2004, 11:11 PM   #1

i bought a "powerbase" brand of battery pack that came with 4pcs of 2100mAh batteries.....i would just like to ask if its possible to charge a 2300mAh battery on my charger that originally came with only 2100mAh of Ni-Mh?
thnx in advance for any inputs on this........

regards,
bryan:|:|
kronuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2004, 1:02 AM   #2

Most good chargers use an intelligent charging circuit to monitor when the battery is fully charged and shut down to a trickle charge when this point is reached. Theychargemost any MaH rated batteries. The higher rated ones will just take a bit longer.

I have a Maha 204 F and routinely charge 1600Mah, 1800 Mah, and 2300 MaHNiMH batteries as well as 600 MaH Nicads.

I'm not familiar with the brand you have but suspect it will charge your 2300 maH batteries just fine.

Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2004, 4:55 AM   #3
Baz

Excellent advice from Puck. The maHa of the batteries will not effect the batteries.

It will depend on the charger. Take his advice.. get the Maha charger..
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2004, 7:32 AM   #4
blr

The only thing that may not work is if the charger has a safety timer. Some smart chargers have a built in safety timer just in case the delta V does not cut off. If the timer is set to too short times your higher capacity cells may get undercharged. Check the documentation that came with your charger
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 3:12 AM   #5

ok thnx for the replies.......btw, i think the brand "powerbase" is a generic brand, we dont have those "maha brands" here at our local shops in the Philippines ('wish we had).

another question, how long is the expected performance of a 2100mAh batteries if i use it almost on a daily basis. am stil using my trusty old minolta Dimage F100...........

thnx in advnace again guys.....

regards,

bryan
Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:07 PM   #6
blr

kronuz wrote:
Quote:
another question, how long is the expected performance of a 2100mAh batteries if i use it almost on a daily basis. am stil using my trusty old minolta Dimage F100...........

thnx in advnace again guys.....

regards,

bryan
If you mean cycle life, they should be good for everything between 200 and 700-800 charge/discharge cycles depending on how you charge them. If you are talking about runtime in your F100 I don't know.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 10:21 PM   #7

ok thnx blr. i just talked to this sales guy here regarding charging a Powerbase 2300mAh on my Powerbase charger that came with a 2100Mah batts, he told me that its possible to use since the packaging of the 2300mAh batt says it is advisable to use Powerbase compatible chargers. will be purchasing just 2 for the meantime and post my observations here.

regards,

bryan