Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:10 PM   #1

Hello, i currently have brought a new Kodak DX6340 camera, and i have noticed that it eats quite a lot of battery power.. I am currently using a pair of sanyo 2100s AA rechargable and i am looking into CR-V3 recharagable batteries. From what i have seen, there are like Lithium Ion CR-V3 and NI-MH CR-V3 batteries. And i also noticed that their mAh is lower compare to my AA batteries. So i am really really confused now.. because i would like to buy a pair of CR-V3 batteries which will give me the longest life in my camera.. but am stumped by all these choices and numbers..Does CR-V3 provide longer life than my current AAs? if so, whatis the difference between the Lithium CRV3and NI-MH CRV3. So, which ones should i get that will give me the most usage time or should i just stick with myAA recharagables?

Thanks!
Equivocator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:54 AM   #2
blr

Equivocator wrote:
Quote:
Hello, i currently have brought a new Kodak DX6340 camera, and i have noticed that it eats quite a lot of battery power.. I am currently using a pair of sanyo 2100s AA rechargable and i am looking into CR-V3 recharagable batteries. From what i have seen, there are like Lithium Ion CR-V3 and NI-MH CR-V3 batteries. And i also noticed that their mAh is lower compare to my AA batteries. So i am really really confused now.. because i would like to buy a pair of CR-V3 batteries which will give me the longest life in my camera.. but am stumped by all these choices and numbers..Does CR-V3 provide longer life than my current AAs? if so, whatis the difference between the Lithium CRV3and NI-MH CRV3. So, which ones should i get that will give me the most usage time or should i just stick with myAA recharagables?

Thanks!
The Li-ion CR-V3 do indeed have lower capacity than the highest capacity AAs and are considerably more expensive. I'd say stick with the AA NiMH cells. You can buy an extra set of four very cheap. The only advantage of the Li-ions will be that they are usually a bit lighter
blr is offline   Reply With Quote