Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Nov 9, 2004, 1:15 PM   #1

i have a sony digicam p72 with which i got the sony 2100 mah batteries .

my question is does NiMH batteires require refreshing ??

coz i thought only nacd batteries require that , but these new sony chargers come wid refresh option andcome wid4 nimh batteries rated at 2300mah. if required will the refreshin aid longer life of the batt.

i also wanted to know that sony calls em fast chargers ( they take around bout 4.5hrs for chargin 4 batt of 2300mah ) so will i be able to use the old sony 2100mah batteries wid em ?

any idea how long does the sonys old charger (BC - CS2B) takes to charge 2 batteries ?
aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2004, 12:06 PM   #2
Administrator

The Sony BCG-34HRMD Super Quick Charger for 2 or 4 AA or AAA NiMH cells. As you can see, it has an LCD display on the front to show the state of the charge of each of the cells being charged. It's bundled with four Sony 2300mAh NiMH AA cells and will recharge two/four cells in 135/270 minutes. It can charge two/four 800mAh AAA size cells in 70/140 minutes. The refresh cycle takes 4.5 hours for 1-4 2300mAh AA cells. This charger uses voltage monitoring with a safety timer and temperature monitoring function. It runs worldwide on 100 - 240V AC with a builtin power supply and an interchangeable AC cord.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:28 AM   #3

i was looking at this charges as well and serched for it on the web, and it looks that it is only available at the site steve posted. i could not find it anywhere else including sony site. why is that is it gray market product or it just did not arive to US yet

ziggy
Dziuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 11:18 AM   #4
Administrator

It's a full retail packed charger/battery kit, not gray market at all. The folks at Thomas Distributing always have the latest batteries and chargers so I never look anyplace else for these things. Their prices are as good as it gets too which is why I have themlisted all over myNiMH Battery page and don't even charge them for it. It's my service to the buying public as everybody needs good batteries for these power hungry digicams today.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 2:54 AM   #5

Hi Steve. Do you know whether this new Sony charger switch to trickle charging after the initial quick charging? Or any idea how it performs? Thanks and much appreciated.

FYI, the freight charges to my place will cost almost as much as the charger itself so I bought local and found a BCG-34HRD4 instead of Thomas's BCG-34HRMD. My guess is that they are basically the same but without the LCD.

tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 10:47 AM   #6

Amazon has it for $28.49 free shipping.

3huskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 8:06 PM   #7

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I aren't in the U.S. and the free shipping doesn't apply.
tourist is offline   Reply With Quote