Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 29, 2002, 1:05 PM   #1

Default What is a good charger for a newbie?

Just purchased a Olympus C-700 and have some 2 64mb Smartmedia cards coming in mail. Now the real question is what charger and batteries do I buy? I researched a lot and it seems that a Maha 204 and some Powerex 1600 to 1800Nimh would do the trick nicely, but I really would like some input from more experienced digicam(especially Olympus if it matters) users. Trying to keep overall costs reasonable - Thomas Distribution has a special on a combo kit for approx $33 +S&H for charger with AC/DC and 4 Powerex cells. Is this the way to go :?: Thanks for any input in advance! Dan White
djw479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2002, 1:52 PM   #2
BRJ

You can't go wrong with the Maha C204F. I've had one for 2 years and its great. Just got the new Maha C401FS and putting it thru the paces now.

Also Thomas-Dist. is one of the best you can order from. You did your homework well!
BRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2002, 3:02 PM   #3

Agree with BRJ, the Maha c204 is an excellent charger. I purchased mine a couple months back. The new charger is suppose to be even better. I also purchase through Thomas Distributing.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2002, 3:56 PM   #4

Thanks for the quick responses - and both of you are from TX - I do not know if that means something or not. :shock: I was just about to order from Thomas-Dist when I decided to check eBay one more time to check on any special pricing. SURPRISE - an eBay seller had Maha 204f combo kit(w/ DC adapter included) with eight 1800 Nimh Powerex batteries for $48.48 including S&H. I went back to Thomas - the same was over $60.00 with 8 Powerex cells. I do not want to seem like I am promoting a retailer/eBay site but if you want the name/URL let me know and I will email to you. I'm new to this site and I do not know how this site likes that type of price comparison stuff. :?
Thanks for all the help, Dan
djw479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2002, 4:11 PM   #5
BRJ

[quote="djw479"]Thanks for the quick responses - and both of you are from TX - I do not know if that means something or not.
Quote:

Just means we can't all be "Bad".

Make sure you double check the etailer on ebay, especially shipping charges and any fine print. I just got the new Maha C401FS, comes with AC adaptor, Car Adaptor, 4 1800mah Powerex with battery case, 2 additional battery cases for $48.97. I then ordered an additional 4 Powerex @ 14.97 which also comes with more battery cases and then they threw in a free mine flashlight w/batteries for free (cheapo). Plus you receive reward points for future purchases. My grand total for everything, including shipping was $70.81.
__________________________________________________ __
BillyBob in Texas
Old Oct 29, 2002, 8:18 PM   #6

newegg has a better deals on the Maha 204 combo. I also have the newer 401 charger but it's kinda pricey though.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...08-001&DEPA=10
Paldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2002, 10:06 PM   #7
BRJ

Default Wow, they sure do!

I just checked them a couple of days ago and all they were carrying was some offbeat charger & batteries. Great price for the 204F even though it comes with the 1600 batteries. No problem as you can just get the charger alone for $19. ($4 shipping) Have always used newegg in the past as they are very reliable, fast and best of all "Cheap" :lol:

__________________________________________________ ___

BillyBob in Texas...