Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Dec 26, 2004, 12:25 PM   #1

After killing the batteries that came with my Canon A95 camera just by playing with it yesterday I realized that a good battery charger is going to be a necessity. I have heard good things about the Maha chargers both on these forums and from some reviews I have read. I just cannot decide which one I want, the 204W or the 401FS. I can get the 401FS with four 2200mAh batteries at Newegg for $50 http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...108-014&depa=0
I have used this site before for computer stuff and they have been great so that's a plus. I think I would also order an additional pack of four 2300mAh batteries for $12. Newegg does not carry the 204W however. But then there is Thomas Distributing, which has been recommended by people for Maha products. But their site is do darn confusing I can barley tell what I am ordering. I would rather go with a site that I have used in the past and that I know to be good, so that means I would be getting the 401 from Newegg, does the 204 really offer anything that the 401 does not? I really don't care about international power supply ability and I like how the 401 comes with a car adaptor, as long as they both do a great job at charging batteries I see no problem with getting the 401. Thanks for any input.
Matt_Smi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2004, 1:11 PM   #2

Quote:
But then there is Thomas Distributing, which has been recommended by people for Maha products. But their site is do darn confusing I can barley tell what I am ordering.
Call them on their toll free phone no. listed at the top of the main web page. My experience has been that the folks that attend the phone are extremely knowledgeble and will be glad to help you understand what you are ordering.

I've always had good experiences ordering from Thomas Distributing.

BTW, I've used the C204-F for about three years now; it works great.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 1:38 PM   #3

This past summer I bought the MH-C401FS and a pile of batteries from Thomas Distributing and couldn't possible be more pleased. The charger works great and I really like the fact that each cell is charged individually. I've tossed the multitude of non brand name chargers that I've owned. Thomas' site may be a little confusing but by sticking with it I got some great deals and a few freebies.You can also just send them an e-mail with what you would like and they'll get back to you with the cost. Shipping was really fast and I live in Canada. No complaints here.

The Stinger

Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 2:20 PM   #4

Ok I have decided to order from Thomas Distributing, they do have some good deals and are offering some free things right now. Now I just can't decide if I want to get the 204W with four Powerex 2300mAh batteries along with another pack of four Powerex 2300mAh batteries and a free carrying case for $58 or the 401FS with eight Powerex 2300mAh batteries and four free GP 200mAh batteries for $66. Right now I am cleaning toward the 204.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 11:24 PM   #5

I have bought 2 times with Thomas Distributing. Their service is fantastic and they ship out the merchadise with-in 24 hours of placing a order. I bought the c204w charger and have nothing but great luck with it. It is a great charger and it seems to charge the batteries up better than anyother charger on the market. Easy to use also. I would buy another c204w charger if I need to.

Dan
dekelsey61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 1:57 PM   #6

Well I just ordered it from them; I went with the 204W along with 8 2300mAh batteries and a free carrying case for $58, not a bad deal at all. Thanks for the advice and I will let you know my impressions of it once I receive it.