Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 8, 2005, 6:42 PM   #1

To people who have used this..I this a charger that would weaken the life of a battery? thanks
shortman564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2005, 9:46 PM   #2
blr

shortman564 wrote:
Quote:
To people who have used this..I this a charger that would weaken the life of a battery? thanks
I haven't used it and probably no one has used it enough to confirm this, but chances are that cycle life will suffer, how much, remains to be seen. If you read manufacturere literature on NiMH cells you will see that charge current over 1C (approximately 65 minutes charge) are not recommended.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 6:43 PM   #3

So what it reduces the cycle life. I personally don't want
to use the battery for more than 3 years. By then
there will be 3000 mAh batteries. The real concern
should be how complete it can charge. It has been
reported that the 15 minute charger from Rayovac can charge
about 85% of the capacity. I hope the energizer charger can
do better.
jedi_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 1:57 AM   #4

I have the Duracell CEF90NC Class 2 Battery Charger, 30 min for AA/AAA.

It has a fan in it to keep the batteries cooler as they charge, has anyone had experience with this type of charger.

Also how would I measure if it recharges fully?
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 4:32 PM   #5

pagerboy wrote:
Quote:
I have the Duracell CEF90NC Class 2 Battery Charger, 30 min for AA/AAA.

It has a fan in it to keep the batteries cooler as they charge, has anyone had experience with this type of charger.

Also how would I measure if it recharges fully?
Charger like BC-900 would let you measure how much being charged. See the following thread for more info on the BC-900 charger.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubb...fpart=all&vc=1

Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:54 PM   #6

Do you know if that charger(bc-900) is available in Canada?
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 5:10 PM   #7

pagerboy wrote:
Quote:
Do you know if that charger(bc-900) is available in Canada?
I'm not sure. You can contact La Crosse to find out. The power adapter is rated at 100-240VAC so it should work fine in Canada as well as Europe. I see Amazon is selling this charger with free shipping. I believe they ship to Canada. With such a deal it may not last. The first time I checked they sold out so I went to Innovativehomeproducts.com.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...arden&n=507846
Old Feb 15, 2005, 9:42 AM   #8

I have the same Energizer chager as well. I constantly switch between two sets of AA batteries but I haven't used it enough to notice a dramatic difference in performance. However, it is true after a while the batteries will no longer be able to hold a full charge over time.
klee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:57 PM   #9

klee wrote:
Quote:
I have the same Energizer chager as well. I constantly switch between two sets of AA batteries but I haven't used it enough to notice a dramatic difference in performance. However, it is true after a while the batteries will no longer be able to hold a full charge over time.
If you're constanly doing partial charge you may need to recondition your batteries -- that is to discharge your battery completely and recharge. I'm not sure your charger has this capability but a few chargers including BC-900 can do that. With BC-900, you can easily tell how much capacity the battery has lost.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 9:05 AM   #10

jedi_master wrote:
Quote:
klee wrote:
Quote:
If you're constanly doing partial charge you may need to recondition your batteries -- that is to discharge your battery completely and recharge. I'm not sure your charger has this capability but a few chargers including BC-900 can do that. With BC-900, you can easily tell how much capacity the battery has lost.
The constant switch is because I use the camera so much. I probably get nearly 300 photos before the first set of batteries run out. The current charger does not have a built in discharge feature. I wish it did.
klee is offline   Reply With Quote