Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Feb 8, 2005, 6:04 PM   #1

I am having problems with my backup battery for my Sony MVC-CD500 camera. I bought a clone battery and it worked the first time I put it in the camera. Now however the camera refuses to recognize the battery as an "InfoLithium." It will start up, extend the lens, read the drive, then display the following message and shut itself off, "For InfoLITHIUM battery ONLY."

The part that really irritates the most is the fact that the camera worked the first time I used the battery, I took pictures for an entire day on the clone battery. The camera is clearly able to draw power from the clone even now in order to tell me I need to go out and fork over $60 for a SONY brand battery.

Does anybody have any idea what is happening, why it is happening, and/or how I might get the camera to except my new battery?
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:53 PM   #2

Okay, need to update this. The clone battery works at random. I can use it but I have to trun the camera on several times. Usually it takes three tries to get the camera to recognize the battery as an "infoLITHIUM."

I am real curious to know what is going on inside the camera to make it act like this with the clone battery.
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote