Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:02 PM   #1

The batteries that Canon sells for my camera is 2300. Does this mean I need to stick with this number? Will using a 2200 or aq 2500 battery hurt my camera? Thanks for all your help. I am sure there are others who wonder about this. I just don't mind showing my lack of knowledge!:G PS I notice a large number of dog folks on this board. I can't wait to get out the kinks and put one of my many dogs photos up. You may be surprised!
doglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:07 PM   #2

doglady wrote:
Quote:
Will using a 2200 or aq 2500 battery hurt my camera?
Quote:
Not at all. You can use any capacity AA battery in your camera without any problems. The higher the capacity means you will get more use before they need to be recharged. The lower the capacity.........................need I say it ?
Quote:
I can't wait to get out the kinks and put one of my many dogs photos up. You may be surprised!
Quote:
From a non dog folk.......................................Huh !!??
Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:41 PM   #3

No need to stay with 2300mAh batteries... Having more will mean that they'll last longer and having less means that their duration will be shorter.

The 2300 is is expressed in mAh which means milliAmps per hour. Basicly the batteries will deliver what the camera asks until it runs out of energy.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:41 PM   #4

No need to stay with 2300mAh batteries... Having more will mean that they'll last longer and having less means that their duration will be shorter.

The 2300 is is expressed in mAh which means milliAmps per hour. Basicly the batteries will deliver what the camera asks until it runs out of energy.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:11 PM   #5

Just look at the ma number as the size of the gas tank for a battery....bigger number means the camera should go farther.
Forgiven is offline   Reply With Quote