Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:56 PM   #1

Hello, I finally bought my Canon A95 and am now looking to find a charger that does it justice :lol:. So after looking through the reviews it seems that the Maha MH-C204W is the best and the one that fits my needs, since I'll be doing some international travelling in the next year or so. However the only place I can find this is online which will cost me almost $10usd in shipping. Is there a Canadian retailer that carries this in the Toronto-Hamilton area? Also I bought the Energizer NIMH photo charger on a whim from Bestbuy with the camera before doing research, I'm thinking of returning it. If I can't find the Maha, is this a good alternative? (given I may need to use this overseas).

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...ewdeptid=20007

Thanks for any help, and if someone can suggest a great charger (not too expensive)that I can buy here in Canada locally that would be great. :?

etheriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2005, 6:29 AM   #2

http://www.paulsfinest.com/batts_maha_price_list.php

:G
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 8:30 AM   #3

I bought my Maha C204W charger from Paul's Finest and I truly recommend him, he is very profesionnal, reliable and fast.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 2:05 PM   #4

While the Maha chargers look very good, I decided to go with the Panasonic Rapid Charger. I beleive the model number is the BQ-390. It will charge AA's and AAA's and it is international ready. It does rapid charging followed by trickle charging for up to 4 AA's and 2 AAA's. It is a smart charger, and it charges each battery in its own channel, therefore every battery receives the appropriate amount of charge. I got it and 4 2300 mah batteries at Future Shop for $59.99. I highly reccomend it.
judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:31 PM   #5

I'm using the C401FS charger and it is great.

Sting
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 8:26 PM   #6

Thank you all for the help! I will order from PaulsFinest once the charger's back in stock....

This board is great! :-)
etheriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 8:48 PM   #7

Don't hesitate to contact him, he is really nice... I would probably even suggest that you contact him and ask him to put one aside for you and to mail you when he gets them...

I'm not sure if he will do it, but its worth trying. As I said, he's a really nice guy!
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote