Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Sep 13, 2005, 4:55 PM   #21

Hi,

You can find useful description of the some problem with BC-900 and small modification which can be done to make it better.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91384

nikiwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2006, 4:59 AM   #22

Hello!

Just less of a week ago I received my ordered from Thomas Distribution my #: 24 charger since I commenced as a technical photographer near 4 decades ago...for sure after all the expenses on shipping + our locally highly taxes/VAT...will be my last charger.

A link with the photos that I shoot, of "HOW" obtain an much better ventilation! Enjoy!!!

http://mail.google.com/mail/?disp=im...f960d959b17661

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 1:55 PM   #23

Best Price!
Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 11:08 PM   #24

Does anyone know if the latest version 35 still has the "resetting" problems that the forum, http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91384, talks about?

I want to buy a good quality, not too expensive, charger and it seems like this one will work good.
wolf9545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 8:51 AM   #25

Default Newbie Question LaCross BC900 Charger

I just purchased a LaCross 900 charger and also bought some light green rechargeable AA batteries on ebay. I did a "refresh mode" on the lowest default setting of 100 - 200. When the batteries register "Full" I run through the various displays and the aMh reads only 650 or so. The batteries are supposed to be 2700 aMh. They came from Hong Kong and were admitedly inexpensive. Did I just get what I paid for or am I reading the charger incorrectly. Any experience would be very helpful. Thanks.
itsmejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:43 AM   #26

Default BC-900 Restored Battery Capacity

Just got the BC-900 a week ago and used it on my stock of NiMH batteries.

Found out some that had lost a substantial amount of their capacity (30% to 50%). Some I was able to get back to almost 100% capacity using the BC-900's Refresh function.

But I also found out that I had some that simply could no longer be restored to full capacity.

Before the BC-900, I was using another supposedly good charger that would charge in 1-2 hours. At the same time, I would always use my batteries until the camera said "Change Batteries". Apparently, these were not enough to maintain the condition of batteries.

So from now on, its the BC-900.
a-beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:09 AM   #27

But I also found out that I had some that simply could no longer be restored to full capacity.

Try few times to "Refresh" them again & again...it's possible that after trying many times will be OK....again?.

Good Luck,

Peace,

Alex 007
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:07 AM   #28

Alex 007,

I will try your suggestion. Specially on a set of Ansmann NiMH that are supposed to be excellent but did not refresh the first time to full capacity.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
a-beginner is offline   Reply With Quote