Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old May 26, 2005, 9:02 PM   #1

I have a Nikon Coolpix 2100. I am lost trying to find the best rechargeable batteries and charger. My camera uses CR-V3 battery now, as the instruction manual states orget NiMH the EN-MH1.

I'd like to get the correct and best rechargeables. Can you tell me if the RCR-V3 Lithium will work for my camera? Is the RCR-V3 a replacement for EN-MH1?

Any help is much appreciated, vacation is around the corner.

Thanks,

M44as
M44as is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 10:47 AM   #2
blr

M44as wrote:
Quote:
I have a Nikon Coolpix 2100. I am lost trying to find the best rechargeable batteries and charger. My camera uses CR-V3 battery now, as the instruction manual states orget NiMH the EN-MH1.

I'd like to get the correct and best rechargeables. Can you tell me if the RCR-V3 Lithium will work for my camera? Is the RCR-V3 a replacement for EN-MH1?

Any help is much appreciated, vacation is around the corner.

Thanks,

M44as
You can get rechargeable V3 batteries but IMO going for rechargeable AA size cells is the better way to go. Just get Sanyo or Energizer 2500 mAh cells they are currently the highest capacity (measured) on the market. Get some decent charger like LightningPack 4000N or Lenmar Mach1 Gamma and your are set. Check out RipVan100.com They have some nice deals on the LightningPack 4000N charger and Sanyo cells combos. Thomas Distributing is another good place to look for rechargeables.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 1:22 AM   #3

Just a query thats bugging me. All that I have read regarding batteries, only one mention have I seen of UNIROSS batteries and chargers. They are by far the most popular in the UK. Rhe German VANSON is an almost exact copy of the UNIROSS ultra fast charger. Small flat pack, external power supply, charges 2 or 4 batteries.
geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:02 AM   #4

geriatric wrote:
Quote:
Just a query thats bugging me. All that I have read regarding batteries, only one mention have I seen of UNIROSS batteries and chargers. They are by far the most popular in the UK.
Geriatric, that's because although Uniross do have a center in the USA, (near Boston), they are a British company who predominantly operate throughout Europe.

With a, comparatively, small presence in the USA, they have a bit of work to do to catch up with the competition. And as this is an American web site, (I know, for everybody in the world), I would imagine the membership is mostly American. Consequently they have a much bigger choice of devices with Uniross only playing a small part at the moment.

I do, however, agree with you on the performance and quality of their products. I have three of their chargers, currently using a Uniross Sprint 1 Hour charger, and always use Uniross AA's.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote