Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jun 1, 2005, 8:50 AM   #1

Hi all, i'm going to be importing one of these chargers into the uk and would like some details about the power supply input as i will have to buy an additional UK psu or "power brick".

What is the input voltage? 12v?

What input current is needed?

Is the center pin + or - ?

Hopefully some of you can help.

Thanks

:|
Danny87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2005, 9:57 PM   #2
Baz

I doubt if you will need an additional psu for this charger. The AC adaptor supplied should be fine in the UK. The specifications are:
Input 100 - 240volts @ 0.6amps
Output +3.0 volts @ 4.0 amps
Centre pin is +

The mains pins on the adaptor are the typical 2 pin USA style, and so I guess you'll need some plug adaptor to fit the UK style mains socket.

It works fine for me here in New Zealand. We have 240v, as I believe you have in the UK.

Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 9:32 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply, I understand that i could just use a travel adaptor, however, i'd like to get an additional power supply anyway, that way i'm not messing about looking for the adaptor that i'll lose :lol:.

Again thanks, them details are helpful
Danny87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 10:17 AM   #4

it is very nice to read your message in this forum, I am running various battery chargers and battery in china. My location in shenzhen,guangdong province,china. If you have interest , you can send me email and tell me your contact way, it is not convenient to post my company email on this website, or I will receive many rubbish email. You can send to [email protected], pls write down your detail contact way, and your name, pls mention your name here. Or I dont know who you are ,thanks!!!!!!
futureceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:03 AM   #5

If you are still looking for a La Crosse charger go to www.digilution.co.uk .

I got one there last week and it wors out a lot cheaper than importing from the US
anamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 9:27 PM   #6

got my charger┬* yesterday from┬* http://www.digilution.co.uksuper quick very helpfull┬* people...really┬*happy with this fantastic quality charger..
antiochus66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 4:28 AM   #7

I got mine from http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/techno...-i-charger.asp

It's the same charger and is supplied with a UK Plug
Gary Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 2:46 PM   #8

Gary Elliot wrote:
Quote:
I got mine from http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/techno...-i-charger.asp

It's the same charger and is supplied with a UK Plug
Reason I did not get the one from technoline was that it did not come with the AAA`S and is a copy of the LaCrosse. I am more than happy with my RS900 and have added a new charger to my kit that can charge C,D,and pp3 batteries and think a review should be done on it the Ansmann Pro8. Service I got was great so heres my bit http://www.digilution.co.uk

springbokorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 6:50 AM   #9

I'm not entirely sure that they are exactly the same charger. A colleague of mine has the lacrosse charger which he bought first and the batteries supplied with it are not very good at all. None of them come anywhere near to the rated capacities and after not much use the capacities are dropping off. The AAA batteries supplied are now verging on useless. The technoline AA's on the other hand are still showing just over the rated capacity after extended heavy use. Essentially I bought this unit for it's charging capabilities and I guess if too many 'freebies' are being included in the deal then the extras are not going to be that good?. I'd still recommend the technoline version of this charger simply because it is the UK version supplied with a three pin Uk power supply and a uk warranty.
Repton is offline   Reply With Quote