Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 6, 2003, 3:18 PM   #1

Default Eating batteries

:roll: Had a post earlier about this Vivitar 3735 battery consumption. I loaded freshly charged 1800 nimh batterys and set it on medium resolution, used the flash,got seventeen shots before the batteries were dead. Didn't use the LCD except it automaticly comes on for a couple of seconds after each shot. This seems like it should do more than that to me. Am thinking of returning this camera as it seems to me there could be something wrong with it. Batteries had been charged several times prior to this. Any input?
Thanks, Skip
skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2003, 3:28 PM   #2
NHL

Try a different charger... otherwise the camera is defective!

Does the charger have a lid (ie leave it open) or try a fast Rayovac 1-hr charger from Walmart/Target... You'll know the battery are charged (under 1hr) since they'll be warm!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2003, 3:50 PM   #3

Default Charger

I bought a 4 battery charger from Walmart ( "Digital Concepts") and charged them a good while (well over 2 hours) and they were warm. These batteries seemed to last about as long as the alkalines that came with the camera. Maybe a camera defect, Thanks for the reply, Skip :roll:
Old Jan 6, 2003, 4:12 PM   #4
NHL

Skip

I believe the "Digital Concepts" is a slow charger and need more than several (2)hours if not overnight to charge... What does the packaging/instruction says? the batteries are probably undercharged the whole time!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2003, 4:25 PM   #5

I agree with NHL, your battery charger is not a rapid charger. All NiMh batteries will get warm or even hot when they are charging. Warm batteries will not equate to a full charge.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:00 PM   #6

Default This charger

:roll: has a red light on when charging and green light on when fully charged. (supposeidly) Will try the overnight to see if it does any better. Am leaving the cover open.
Thanks again, Skip