Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 1, 2005, 6:15 PM   #1

sometimes my bc-900 powers off randomly, the cords seem fine, it is practically brand new condition. it is not overheating. when i plug it in, it starts up and will go blank until i unplug and replug it. it happens every so often. 1 in 4-5 times.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"anyone experience this?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"eric
eshieh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:54 AM   #2

if its under the 1 yr umbrella of the warranty send it back. this is obviously not a desired effect. you know theres one in every crowd unfortunately you got it this time.

hey i got a eos 1Ds2 1.5 months into service the imager turned to junk. i'm on my way to new zealand right now andits in repair at canon. who has the bigger issue?
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 4:18 PM   #3

ouch, that sucks. thats pretty lousy for such an expensive camera. i bought the charger from amazon.com so ill find out how the warranty works.

thanks

eric
eshieh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 9:07 AM   #4

I just receive mylacrosse bc-900 and I realised one problem during charging. At times when I charge my battery the screen will blink through out the charging period but it's not charging at all. However I notice my battery was being charge when the screen was not blinking. I actually repeated the same old steps whenever I want to charge my batteries but why at times it blink and not charging this I wasn't sure at all. :?
rev_zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 9:33 AM   #5

Hello Rev_zone,

My screen only blinks when I am changing modes. If I had to venture a guess, it would seem that you are getting stuck in the mode changing function. I have no idea what would cause that, perhaps a sticky button?

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 9:41 AM   #6

HI Tom,

It always happen to me whenever I place in the batteries in without touching the mode button. After a few seconds the screen start to blink to a total blank screen with "32" shown at the right corner of the screen. Think nothing got to do with my battery as I just tried charging a new set of battery and same thing happened.However such problem does not occur when I change to discharge mode right at the beinging.

Paul.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:14 AM   #7

Hello Paul,

I am not sure what is going on, but it sounds like you should send it back for replacement.

Although there have been some units with problems, I still think it is a great charger.

Tom
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:53 AM   #8

Tom,

I do agree the set is really faulty cause I tried all ways and finally found the answer. The charger can only function in totally working condition if I place less than 3 battery and only 4 battery in a row will give all kinds of fault.

Sending back for replacement I don't think it's possible cause I ordered online from thomas website to Singapore and the warranty does not cover overseas.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:53 AM   #9

Tom,

I do agree the set is really faulty cause I tried all ways and finally found the answer. The charger can only function in totally working condition if I place less than 3 battery and only 4 battery in a row will give all kinds of fault.

Sending back for replacement I don't think it's possible cause I ordered online from thomas website to Singapore and the warranty does not cover overseas.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:09 PM   #10

Hello Paul,

I would suggest you contact LaCrosse directly and explain the situation.

http://www.lacrossetechnology.info/contact.html

Tom