Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 26, 2005, 6:37 AM   #11

Wow, interesting!! Glad they want to give your money back. I hope that they will find out what's wrong and tell us eventually the reason. Good work!

Stephen
stef51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 1:29 AM   #12

Hey Y'all sent the batteries to energizer Canada and they said they couldn't find a problem. Interestingly though they did say this (Please be aware that batteries of different types should never be mixed in a device. When this occurs, if one or more of the batteries is a lower voltage, the higher voltage batteries will drive them into a deep discharge and reverse polarity will result.) that might explain why they acted that way in the toy I put them in, although they were all nimh batt's. Still doesnt explain why those two batt's alone made my camera go all wierd more than once.

Ah the mysteries of life. Well the upside is that Energiser in the states sent me a $20 refund and the place in Canada I sent the old batteries to sent me a new package of four batteries Guess you can have your cake and eat it too, sometimes.
danno9899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 4:28 PM   #13

Well done! Seems like it's our fault as usual... Thanks for the info, all of you have been a great help!!

Stephen
Old Oct 8, 2005, 10:40 AM   #14

Not so quick with the our fault eh. Remember my batteries made my camera go screwy before Iput themin the toy with others, and again afterwards.
danno9899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 11:09 AM   #15

Indeed, but it always seem that it's our fault and never the manufacturer's from their point of view ... Still, in my case, their batteries are the only one with that strange behavior with my charger so I won't blame the charger. Though it _might_ be the charger if those batteries have something inside that makes my charger crazy :?....

Stephen