Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Sep 2, 2005, 7:01 PM   #1

I've decided to order the BG-E3 battery grip for my XT. Mainly for the extra batt capacity. But I have a decision to make.... Should I order a new 'stock' battery or two to use in it or should I order higher capacity rechargable AA's. Which one will I get better battery useage out of (last longer). The stock batt or AA's?

Also, I know the common censis on the canon battery... dont use aftermarket batteries for the stock battery but who makes a good AA if I was to go with that choice...? I already did a search for the recharable AA's but there's just so much info and everyone seamed to go back and forth on what brand is good or not.....

Anyway.... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...932&is=REGand get the canon batt (720 mAh) or the power-2000 (900 mAh) or go with AA's (2000+ mAh)? (is power-2000 brand any good?)

sorry if this sounds repeatitive.....thanks for you inputs.
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:50 PM   #2

Well, FYI for everyone..... I just bought the grip and it says on the info sheet that the stock canon batteries will last longer than rechargable AA's. I dont know what mAh rating they are comparing but I think I'll use the stock batteries as primaries an get a set of AA's for backups (since they are less than half the cost of canon batt's).
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:21 PM   #3

mAh stands for milli-Amp hour rating. Without getting too technical, that means that if what you are using uses say 100milli-amps, then a 2300 mAh battery would theoretically last 23 hours. I have done a lot of checking and read reviews and then decided on and purchased a Powerex (made by Maha) who I never heard of before I bought a digital camera. It turns out that they are one of the larger battery manufacturers in the world. And their MH-C401FS was rated in two computer and digital camera magazines as one of the best. I have several sets of Powerex 2300 mAh batteries that consistantly out perform 2500 mAh batteries by a "better" known brand, so go figure.:?
JPMc13 is offline   Reply With Quote