Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Sep 9, 2005, 11:59 PM   #1

Have just purchased a brand new Canon EOS 350D camera and have 1 small problem. Battery life.

I have charged the battery up overnight and start taking shots and after 30 or 40 shots the battery is showing as LOW. It wont even let me download the pictures onto my PC as it says insufficient power.

Do I have a dud battery or am I doing something wrong?

I have set the camera to auto off (1 minute) but Im sure the battery should last a bit longer.
Anthonyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2005, 2:33 AM   #2
DMW

You have a problem there for sure. I belive the quoted battery life is about 400 shots depending on how much you use the built in flash.

I have had my 350d for a couple of months now and have taken over 4000 shots, the battery has not gone flat on me once.

What I suggest is to recharge the battery until the green light shows then use the camera until the battery is totaly flat (and the camera shuts down) then go back to where you got the camera and tell them how many shots you got from it (or how long it lasted).

If your impatient like me you may just want to buy a new battery from ebay. There are some good deals on there for twin packs with in car chargers.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:13 AM   #3

Thankyou for the suggestions.....I returned the battery to the shop and they said..."It could be a faulty camera".......but to be on the safe side they gave ma a brand new battery to try first.

Im charging it up overnight (as that is what he told me to do) and will take a few snaps tomorrow and see how long it lasts.
Anthonyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:41 AM   #4

You are still downloading using the camera!!!! Get a good card reader, beats the camera download speeds by a lot.
Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:05 PM   #5

350D is USB 2.0, can it really be a big difference to a USB 2.0 card reader? I could belive it since my Sandisk Smartmedia reader was much faster than my HP Photosmart printer. I'm not planning to get a card reader because I travel and am trying to carrya minimumnumber of extras.
earl. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 1:43 AM   #6

Yes, there is a very big difference in the download speeds between the camera and a card reader. I think the card reader weighs a lot less, thanan AC adapter; that camera has to be powered up to transfer images via USB, thus the need for even more spare batteries if you go that route. I wouldn't be caught without a card reader, given the size and the price and I travel alot.
Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote