Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 5, 2005, 7:54 PM   #1

I bought an Energizer charger (without the additional batteries) and when I used it to recharge my 850mA AAA and 1850mA AA energizer reachargeable batteries, it won't charge my batteries. Can anybody figure out what's wrong with my charger? The light doesn't light up when I plug in the power so you guys think that the charger is broken or something? the charger looks exactly like this one seen here http://cgi.ebay.com/8-ENERGIZER-NiMH...QQcmdZViewItem

on the instructions, it says that there's a limit on how much mA it can charge or take, and my batteries are at that limit, so i don't know what's wrong.

holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:10 PM   #2

Hello Holiday,

I think we may need more information before we can try to help...

How many batteries are you trying to charge - 2 or 4 ?

Is the switch for AAA or AA properly set?

Did you first put the batteries in the charger, then plug the charger in?

Did you put the batteries in the right way?

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 11:02 PM   #3

i'm trying to recharge one AAA and one AA. I put them in the right way and before I plug the charger in.

I even tried only charging one AA, but nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:47 AM   #4

Hi,

I checked the Energizer site and downloaded the manual. According to the manual, you can only charge minimum of two batteries of the came size. pairing of battery saves the manufacturers in the design since inside, it has only two circuits for charging 4 batteries.

You cannot charge with one battery only, no current will flow.

Theoretically you can mix AA and AAA but since AAA is physically shorter than the AA, the contacts are probably not very good. Also it is not advisable to charge two batteries with different capacity (mAH), always pair batteries with same capacity.

Follow what is in the instruction, charge only identical batteries at a time. If you are charging 2 batteries, you can use the two left most or the two right most slots.

You can download the instruction manual (if you do not have it) from www.energizer.com, under the tehnical info page, I think the model is "CHDC"

I hope this helps.

juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 2:46 PM   #5

I rechareged two of the same batteries at the same time and it works! Thank you so much.