Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 8, 2005, 11:17 AM   #1

Hi to all, Has anyone else bought this new battery charger? I was just woundering what the opions of others were. It apears to be a very good charger. Thank you

Dan
dekelsey61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:00 PM   #2

Hi, Does anyone have this charger? I have this charger and was woundering if anyone else has had a problem that I had with it. Please feel free to reply. Thank you.

Dan
Old Oct 30, 2005, 2:17 PM   #3

Hello Dan,

I don't have one and have only read one report. Everything seems to work, but the batteries get very hot when charged at the high rate.

I don't know how hot "very hot" is, so I can not comment.

The display seems to work fine.

If you decide to get it, let me know what you think.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 5:29 PM   #4

I have the 4 battery charger.This is my first battery charger. And on the fast charge the batteries do get hot. I found it to be to hot to touch. It only takes a few min. to cool down.It took abought 2 hours to charge. On slow charge it took abought 12 hours to charge.The batteries were cool to the touch. Maybe it will take less time as the batteries get used more. I'm still on my first set of 4 batteries . They last a long time. I bought 8 batteries.

Jim
a610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 10:52 PM   #5

Hi Tom, I did buy the powerex C801D 8 Cell Charger. The charger works great!! It seems to charge the batteries to there fullest. As for the batteries getting hotI really don't see that as a problem. Theyjust getwarm.I love the fact you can charge 1 to 8 batteries in it. I hilghy recommend this charger. Very good condition mode in the unit also.

Dan
Old Nov 26, 2005, 10:14 AM   #6

I have had this charger for a while now and am very satisfied with it. At first I though there were problems but a few emails to Powerex support resolved them. The instruction manual that comes with the unit is "incomplete", conditioning old cells can take over 24 hrs becuase it will switch to a very soft charge mode, at the end of the discharge cycle the cell display can be blank (manual error). However it really does work and work well and looks and feels as if it is built like a battleship!.
Doug
wathndrn2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 1:43 AM   #7

i also called the factory on this charger the only thing i dont like is that you have to only put the batterys in that need discharged with no other batterys in the charger also in solf mode that is for all 8 batterys .but the good thing is in trickle mode it charges at 0.0007 mah
a1key is offline   Reply With Quote