Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 18, 2005, 6:28 PM   #1

I am buying my first digital camera-the Fuji S5200 and am new to both digital cameras and their batteries. I see that there are variations in Nimh batteries (e.g. 2000mah or 2003mah etc.) and I don't know what's appropriate for this camera. What does that number mean? Do specific cameras use specific numbers? Does anyone know which ones the s5200 can use or how I might find that out? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Ruth
rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2005, 9:22 PM   #2

The number, e.g. 2000 mAh, refers to the capacity of the battery. ..the larger the number, the more shots you will get per charge. It doesn't really matter what capacity battery you use, naturally you would probably want to use the highest capacity you can obtain.

More important is the quality of the batteries and the chargers. If you peruse the many posts in this forum, you will find information and links to merchants who sell these products. I have personally used Powerex, Energizer and Nexcell batteries, and have no complaints. I am currently using Nexcell 2400 mAh batteries, and get around 350 shots per charge in my S5100. As far as chargers, I can recommend Maha and the Lightning Pack 4000. The LP 4000 is relatively inexpensive, charges quickly, and keeps the batteries cool.

Good luck with your new camera.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:07 AM   #3

Thanks a lot for the information. I will forge ahead. I ordered the Maha c401FS based on Steve's review. I suppose in this like all else, experience will teach me.
Ruth

rags is offline   Reply With Quote