Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Feb 13, 2003, 2:30 PM   #1

Default NiMH Battery usage...

I've got a Cybertshot DSC-P31. Should I always remove batteries(NiMH) after use ?

Thanks in advance

Vander
vjardim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2003, 9:01 AM   #2

It depends on how you define 'after use'. NiMH batteries will discharge in 30 to 60 days without use. If you aren't going to use the camera for a month or so, I'd suggest taking them out. However, if you intend to use it more frequently (you never know when a sudden photo op maight arise!), I'd leave them in. Just make a note that, if you've not taken pics in a few weeks, the batteries will have discharged somewhat.
Jerry Backof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2003, 9:38 AM   #3

If you leave batts out of some cams for a long time, the time and date get's lost, if your cam increments shot numbers that might revert back to 000's. Some might even switch back on to factory default settings.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2003, 10:22 AM   #4
NHL

Quote:
If you leave batts out of some cams for a long time, the time and date get's lost, if your cam increments shot numbers that might revert back to 000's. Some might even switch back on to factory default settings.
This is where flash cards come into play... like on the D7's when you happen to reset the counter by mistake to zero, the camera will resume count from where the last picture on the CF card is at (ie rename the picture to the counter # you want)!!!... really cool... :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2003, 6:22 PM   #5

Well there's none of this stuff on a Fuji 602 card that I've spotted. Filenames are easy, they're on the card. But most cams have a memory capacitor for the cpu clock - and this is what goes down if left long enough without batts. If you're lucky, user settings will be in NVRAM, some cams aren't.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2003, 6:22 AM   #6

Thanks to all who replied.

Obrigado a todos que me responderam.

vjardim is offline   Reply With Quote