Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jul 2, 2002, 9:22 PM   #1

Default Least expensive 1800mah Nimh AA cells for my Nikon

I'm ordering some 1800mah Nimh AA cells for $2US per cell and that's a pretty darn great price for these cells I think. I love finding deals Does anyone here know of any place cheaper to get these NImh cells? I find the 1800mah capacity Nimhs sure last a heck of a long time in my New Nikon coolpix 800 and I'm tired of wasting my time on dry cells anymore. I mean the dry cells I use to use do last long but it seems like these cheap Nimhs I found last about as long as the throw away dry cells except they can be charged again and again. I love them so much I'm thinking of ordering a bunch for myself! Do these Nimh's come in higher capacity in AA size does anyone know?

Thanks,

Gracindo
[email protected]
JasPer135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2002, 11:00 PM   #2
Administrator

The least expensive and most powerful NiMH batteries are the Nexcell 1800mA.

You can find them at <a href="http://www.thomas-distributing.com/nc-4aa1800.htm">Thomas Distributing</a> for abt $2.50 per cell.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2002, 12:05 AM   #3

Default Least Expensive 1800mah Nimh AA cells on the net.

Thanks Steve! At $2US then I'm getting them for 50 cents cheaper, but in the guy who is selling them to me runs out It's nice to know another place to be able to get them inexpensively. I don't know why I didn't think of using AA Nimh's from the beginning! When I finally got my Nikon Collpix 800 I just couldn't put it down, and the only thing that bothered me was running out of power all the time with my Nicad 850mah cells. So I switched to drycell, and that helped alot but creating so much waste. I had my eyes on some Nimh cells at a local Radio Shack but the prices just seemed way too high especially if you buy a few sets of 4 cells. Anyway I'm finally glad I found them at a decent price and good to know other places like the one you just mentioned, as a backup in case this guy runs out of them. I remember seeing 1800mah Nimhs at my local shop going for $6CAN each! Nice to know they are finally coming down

Take care,

Gracindo
Old Jul 3, 2002, 2:03 PM   #4
NHL

Personally I stay away from any camera that doesn't use anything other than the standard AA NiMh rechargeable.

Price drops as the power capacity increases by sheer popularity... (ditto with CF flash)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2002, 4:02 AM   #5

Jasper, as a canadien I am worried about wating money on shipping and brokerage fees for everything that is available in the states only. Do you mind sharing your source for 1800ma NiMH?

Thanx
gwr003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2002, 11:52 AM   #6
lg

Be careful about ratings on batteries... I bought some Maxell 1600 maH and was completely dissatisfied with them. Compared to the 1600 maH batteries I was supplied by Olympus with my camera, they lasted only about half as long! I agree with Jim and Steve, stick to Thomas Distributing and you can't go wrong. I have two sets of 1800 maH Powerex that cost a little more ($15/4pk), and have been very pleased. There's a review of batteries you may want to look at on Thomas Distributing's site. I may have to consider the Nexcells for the lower price, although I haven't seen a review on them yet.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2002, 10:49 PM   #7

Default 1800 mAH AA at CompUSA

Our local CompUSA has just got a shipment of DigiPower brand and selling them for $12.99 / 4-pack. My experience with DigiPower brand NiMH is very good.

I read somewhere today that Toshiba or some Japanese company is coming out with a 1900 mAH AA NiMH soon.
kkay2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2002, 11:10 PM   #8

Default 1800mah Nimh cells

I get my1800mah nimh AA cells now from another member of this R/C club where I fly my electric glider (and often take digital pics of all the model planes while I'm there I get them from him for the equivelent of about $2US per cell if I buy 20 cells or more. Since they are great for my CD walkman and just about all my toys besides my Nikon digital camera I'm gonna get me another box of 20cells. I find I could never have enough of these around, and boy did I bring alot of my old nicads and dry cells to my local radio shack for the recycle bin! I'm sure glad I didn't get a Li-ion cell digital camera cause they are still very expensive I think.

Thanks,

Jasper135

(Remeber to recycle your batteries!
Old Jul 20, 2002, 11:59 PM   #9
NHL

How about theses upcoming Rayovac? It'll make quite a few manufacturers having a 2nd thought... (and silly too!)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2002, 12:18 AM   #10

Default 1800mah nimhs and rayovacs

NHL, what about these rayovacs? Can you tell us more about them? What capacity will they be?

Jasper135