Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:42 PM   #1

Can someone tell me know how to turn on the quick charge and how the overnight one in the c204w. In the manual it just says put the batteries in the charger. Will it charge them quickly or overnight if i do this. I don't want to use the wuick charge, how to make the charger charge the batteries slowly.
Thanks!
vlatkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2005, 2:48 PM   #2

vlatkovr wrote:
Quote:
Can someone tell me know how to turn on the quick charge and how the overnight one in the c204w. In the manual it just says put the batteries in the charger. Will it charge them quickly or overnight if i do this. I don't want to use the wuick charge, how to make the charger charge the batteries slowly.
Thanks!
Reading the manual, it says that it will charge twocells in 1 hour, 4 cells in 2 hours (would vary somewhat with cell capacity). If you put them thru a discharge/charge cycle, it says it takes 5 hours for the discharge plus the charge time. Perhaps the "overnight" (though I don't see that term used in the manual) charge is referring to a charge/discharge cycle. There is no manually controlled rate of charge - it is all automatic, except the initiation of the discharge cycle is manual.

FWIW, the 401 charger does have a "slow" and "fast" charge switch.

HTH!

Peva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:03 PM   #3

Why buy a one-hour charger, then want to use it for slow charging?

Your charger doesn't have a slow charge function. You want to charge your batteries overnight? Just leave them in overnight...they're still going to charge in either one or two hours depending on whether you put two or four batteries in the charger.

The manual recommends leaving brand new batteries in the charger overnight for the first charge to fully activate them. It says nothing about slow charging, though.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:40 PM   #4

From what I remember about the C204W manual is that it recommends charging new NiMH batteries overnight for the initial charge. This is what I did, and I've been getting great life out of my batteries. After the initial charge, I put them in and let them charge completely, then "trickle charge" a while.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote