Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Mar 2, 2006, 1:01 PM   #11
E.T

Herne wrote:
Quote:
March 1st 10:07 EST: Night time news break - the Quantary batteries that I had FULLY Charged DON'T WORK IN MY FUJI!!!
"Charged" according to charger I assume...
Check cell voltage with multimeter. Just charged NiMH should show around 1.4V voltage.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 2:21 PM   #12

Well, I put the batteries through three days of charging, pulling them off every time the lights turned green. Plugging them in and the lights were red again. After the third cycle, my camera seems usable again.... but now that I've written this, I just know that it won't work next time I try it.

Anyway, if anyone's had this kind of experience I'd like to know about it.

thanks.
Herne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:02 PM   #13

Hello Herne,

Since your camera relies on batteries to work, and the batteries rely on a charger to work, I would suggest that you research and spend as much time picking out the batteries and chargeras you did picking out your camera.

Keep in mind that low cost does not always equal value.

Premium batteries and chargers cost more because they perform better.

Sanyo batteries are the benchmark and are very reliable. Sanyo also makes a good charger. There are some great deals out there, but keep in mind that you want the best value.

I recently purchased a package of 6 AA 2500 mAh and 2 AAA 900 mAh Sanyo batteries that included the Sanyo NC-MQH01U charger at Costco for around $25. To me that represents a good value... premium products at a good price.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2006, 4:55 PM   #14

I'll try your suggestion. As predicted, this latest set of batteries lasted, after 3 days of charging, two days. I took about 30 pix. That is VERY LAME and not dependable to say the least. I have another shoot to do 2 days from now and I'll have to hustle to get the things I need.

Thanks everyone.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 7:29 PM   #15

I got the same deal as the Fox at Costco. Great batteries...you should get at least 500 shots per charge with your S7000.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 8:22 AM   #16

UPDATE on battery situation:

I called the large Camera Company near Boston and spoke with someone who told me that the maker of Sunpak batteries & Charger also make most of the other brands' components. But that Sunpak is a very good product. Another camera store person told me that if my camera is working with off-the-shelf disposable batteries, then the problem is NOT with my camera.

so I am going to return the Quantary stuff and pick up another sunpak charger & sunpak batteries this weekend.

Meanwhile for todays headshot shoot, I will use the disposables....

Will this never end?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:27 AM   #17

Hello Herne,

I hope you have better luck with Sunpack batteries than I did. In my tests, the Sanyo AA 2300 mAh batteries came in with 69% more capacity than the Sunpack AA 2300 mAh batteries.

Keep in mind that this was a limited sample test...

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 7:49 AM   #18

Hi Tom,

I actually had the best luck with the Sunpak charger and batteries I purchased when I bought my Fuji Finepix S7000 about a year and a half ago. Those batteries lasted over a year, after being recharged many times. Eventually they died. I took over 10,000 pictures with them.

Everything I've tried since then does not work well. Therefore I will try the Sunpak again. I hope I have as good luck now as I did originally.

Will let y'all know how it goes.

BTW I did my headshot shoot last night, B/W pix of the cast of a play and used disposable batteries and had no problem. I just don't want to have to buy them for the rest of my life!

good day all!