Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jun 13, 2006, 2:01 PM   #31

Thanks atty for the update. The reply from Chris sounds like something from Microsoft. Lets see, there is no diference in the functioning between version V32 and V33. They just did it because their software department did not have anything to do? As I recall some people reported that the batteries and charger got very hot with V32 but not with V33. Almost everyone seems to think the BC-900 is a very good choice. I think I will still get a BC-900 in the near future. It will work well with my Maha C204W charger. Always nice to have a backup.

Allen
mebareit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 5:30 PM   #32

yawglenn wrote:
Quote:
FYI

I ordered my BC-900 from Thomas Distributing on Mar. 23, 2006 and have the 33v.

I'm very happy with it and it has been in constant use 24/7 since I got it.
i just received my bc-900 from thomas distributing on 6/18/2006 and its a 32v, did yours come in a box or the plastic packaging?

jonathon
jonathon214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 2:36 PM   #33

Did any of you experience when BC900 would not start charging some batteries?
lepa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 5:39 PM   #34

Thomas Distributing is going to have the "New" BC-900s in stock on 11/19. You can pre-order one now. The description says it's a new model.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 8:14 AM   #35

I ordered the BC-900 from Thomas-Distributing last week. At the same time I sent La Crosse an email asking what the difference is between v32 and v33 of the software, and what was "New and Updated" about the charger I purchased, since it is advertised as "New and updated".

Here is the response I got to both questions:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The BC900 firmware versions 32 and 33 designate when they were manufactured.

Best Regards,

John

La Crosse Technology - Customer Support
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So essentially, I just posted this message to add absolutely nothing to the conversation... except that LaCrosse wants to be vague about their answers. Perhaps they are doing this on purpose in fear of lawsuits if they admit there was problem with their older chargers.

Just my $.02!

Rob
RobSpook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:49 AM   #36

Dear Yawgleen,

Your acquired BC-900 came in a carton box or blister? As today I sent using "Western Union" system money transfer to Thomas Distribution, the sum of $:106.00 for own the Newer "Improved" BC-900, for that as I will mail to the employee at "Thomas Distribution" named Eugene, who cares for my order, to ask him to send me the same charger that you received hopping that will be with the new V-33 firmware, for so I'm asking you or another already very recently owner of this specific BC-900 charger to inform me which is which with the V-33 firmware

Thanks to all of you who will inform me which package to be sent:P

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:05 AM   #37

Alex,

You will get the v33 charger, as that is all they stock now.
RobSpook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:12 AM   #38

Dear RobSpook,

So I will ask to Mr. Eugene, that I want the charger in his original carton box & not in a blister...as my Maha C401F that my son gift me 2 years ago...acquired directly from Maha with European plug transformer, was received in a carton box.

I hope so that will be as you inform me...BTW...I will no matter recall to Mr.Eugene, to select mine, with the new V-33 firmware.

Thank you so much,

Peace,

Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:12 AM   #39

SilverFoxCPF wrote:
Quote:
Hello Randy,

I will be more than glad to help you out...

I have both.

I use the BC-900 at home, keeping an eye on it when doing the first charge on brand new batteries, and the TG-2800 while traveling.

Wasn't that helpful...

If I could only have one, I would go with the BC-900. If you place the charger on a silicone hot pad or bathroom tile, you should not have to worry about it, even if it gets "warm."

Tom
Hello Tom,

From "Thomas Distribution" staff the employee that always reply my deal, Eugene, wrote me that my shipped BC-900 Improved has the V-33 firmware, he test it & all is working well... 100% sure that I will test it again
Your advise to use under the unit an a "COOL" base it's very cute/clever...I had a small piece of Granite stone from Italy...that will cool much more efficiently, the base of the charger...+ as now where I live Israel enters to the Winter season...so will be cooler time :blah: But...as you wrote I will check the charger during the working period:idea:

I will inform to all of you my results, when will arrive, probably next week

Peace,

Old Dec 17, 2006, 6:46 AM   #40

Dear Tom & all BC-900 owners & future owners!

Just received after that was neede to pay our locally very highly taxes + VAT, my ordered LaCrosse BC_900 charger, which came with the firmware #: 13 (Show in the last battery chamber), the two first ones show #:48 which really I don't know what exactly means.

Sorry that I don't know how to send my 3 selected photos...so i will do it one by one!

BTW...came with a box & not a Blister!

Peace.

Attached Images