Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 24, 2007, 5:54 PM   #51

What about the termination issue with my older bc-900? Has this been addressed in the more recent release of this charger? I see the newer version has a newer firmware, however I really don't have the time to read another 14 page thread, no matter how interesting it has been. 2 toddlers running around makes time a scarce resource around our house.

If the bc-900 bugs have been worked out, I would probably rather have it over a buggy new c9000.

Any info you can provide would be helpful on the 'newer' bc-900.
webfors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:47 AM   #52

webfors wrote:
Quote:
What about the termination issue with my older bc-900? Has this been addressed in the more recent release of this charger? I see the newer version has a newer firmware, however I really don't have the time to read another 14 page thread, no matter how interesting it has been. 2 toddlers running around makes time a scarce resource around our house.

If the bc-900 bugs have been worked out, I would probably rather have it over a buggy new c9000.

Hello!

Honestly...I ordered from "Thomas-Distribution"...just before Christmas, the newer "Improved" version firmware V-33...& till today I discharged, many times NiCd & NiMh WITH NO PROBLEM AT ALL...Also i own the same capacity Energizer batteries & BTW...yesterday I charged them at 1000Mh...got a little bit warm...but after a while all 4 of them show my "FULL".
Yes "Maybe"...I will wait at least 3 years to check if the newer Maha C9000 will be after 3 years "Completely FREE of any BUG!".
so after that I will order a Maha charger.

Good Luck!

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 2:56 AM   #53

webfors wrote:
Quote:

I got two rug rats running around also... I feel your pain! About the newer BC-900 with the V33 firmware, I didn't have any problems with it for the three weeks I owned it. I thought the c9000 would be a huge improvement, but it's not. If you like the BC-900, just get the new version and you should be happy. The only difference in the v33 firmware is a lower cutoff temperature. No reports of meltdowns with v33.

95% of my charging is done with AA energizers and eneloops, and my energizer AAA's are nearing the end of their useful life, so I'm not worried about my c9000 having problems. If MAHA offers a mail-in fix I'd do it, but it's okay.

RobSpook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 4:57 AM   #54

RobSpook wrote:
Quote:
webfors wrote:
Quote:

I got two rug rats running around also... I feel your pain! About the newer BC-900 with the V33 firmware, I didn't have any problems with it for the three weeks I owned it. I thought the c9000 would be a huge improvement, but it's not. If you like the BC-900, just get the new version and you should be happy. The only difference in the v33 firmware is a lower cutoff temperature. No reports of meltdowns with v33.

95% of my charging is done with AA energizers and eneloops, and my energizer AAA's are nearing the end of their useful life, so I'm not worried about my c9000 having problems. If MAHA offers a mail-in fix I'd do it, but it's okay.

Hi to both of you!

BTW...Just I'm now charging my only Energizer 2500mA batteries, I always do it on the top of my "Unused' Lexmark printer, with the help of the "Multi-Pugs" "Spike Free" device for safety. Working as you will see at my attached just made photo, since I received the BC-900U charger both working together...with NO ANY problem at all...I'm so happy with my selection of this "Improved" V-33 firmware charger instead the Maha C9000 which as I read, YET...has some minor bugs

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:07 AM   #55

Hello Folks!

Today just received my ordered for the first time 2700Mh batteries, that I can obtain here where I live Israel.

Any usefully information on this brand/quality...etc, will be extremely welcomed!:P

Thanks in advance, for your good wish

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:56 PM   #56

Hello Alex,

I am pleased to here of your satisfaction with the BC-900. I am not familiar with the brand of your new 2700 mAh cells, so I can not comment on them.

On December 21 you quoted an article about battery capacity measurements. The information presented is not correct.

The lead acid battery manufacturers use a 20 hour discharge rate to determine the capacity of lead acid batteries, and this is a standard. However, when you change chemistries and move to NiCd, NiMh, or Li-Ion cells, a different standard is used. The capacity of those chemistries is determined with a 5 hour discharge (0.2C) after the cell has been charged at the "standard" rate, which is 0.1C for 16 hours.

It seems the people who wrote the article got confused by the different chemistries.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:02 PM   #57

Hello RobSpook,

As far as I know, there has only been 1 reported incident of a Version 33 BC-900 meltdown.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:14 PM   #58

Hello Tom,

Yes...100% really I'm very proud & happy to own a BC-900 firmware V-33, just finish to charge the first quad set of my today obtained "Konnoc" brand batteries at 700mAh charge current, with NO problem at all...really among us Tom, I'm tired to read all the articles on "HOW" to charge at tbe very best way Ni-MH high capacity batteries so...I opted the 700mAh current charge...from NOW to all my "High Capacity" batteries collection.

OK really Tom, it's NOT so important to "Dig/excavate"...this batteries brand...I will trial run/test, in some of my photo flash collection to "learn' how these High Capacity" batteries will charge my strobes...among each fire more explicity how long will be "Ready"...on "Full" flash power discharges:P

Just found this article! http://www.robertphotoblog.com/home/nimh-batteries/

BTW...The production date on the cardboard blisters are December 2006!

Tom, be well & my best wishes ever!

Peace.

Old Jan 26, 2007, 4:45 AM   #59
blr

Hi Alex.

Konnoc is a Chinaese brand widely available in EU where I live. They make NiMH cells and several chargers. I own a slow timed charger made by them, which I use for forming and re-forming my cells.

I haven't used their cells. They are approx. 20% cheaper than the corresponding Sanyo cells. I guess they are OK and will serve you as any other high capacity cell.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 5:03 AM   #60

blr wrote:
Quote:
Hi Alex.

Konnoc is a Chinaese brand widely available in EU where I live. They make NiMH cells and several chargers. I own a slow timed charger made by them, which I use for forming and re-forming my cells.

I haven't used their cells. They are approx. 20% cheaper than the corresponding Sanyo cells. I guess they are OK and will serve you as any other high capacity cell.
Dear Blr!

Yes among us...seems me that as here relatived is cheap that any Sanyo or GP brands, I hope that will work extremely well with my ample flash collection.

Thanks so much for your information

Peace,