Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:41 PM   #1

i have just started using my new Sanyo Ni-MH 2500 batteries. initially, i fully charged them right out of the box, in the charger they came with, until all the LEDs were out, indicating a ful charge. i have been using them for several days now, almost 2 GB worth of pics and videos, and boy, these batteries are awesome! the low-battery indicator has yet to be displayed on my canon s2is!

is it ok if i put them back in the charger, not knowing how much charge they still have in them? and just wait for the LEDs to go out again? the manual does not say anything about this.

FYI, my batteries are Sanyo Ni-MH 2500mAh, model HR-3U and the charger is also a Sanyo Ni-MH / Ni-Cd Quick Charger, model NC-MQR03RN, if it would help..

thanks!
asr dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2006, 3:16 PM   #2

If that's a smart charge (and it probably is), no harm in putting them back in - it will switch to trickle charge whem it senses that they are fully charged. In fact, it would have been advisable to have left them on trickle charge overnight or longer to thoroughly "prime" (or "form") them (recoomended before first use on new NiMH's). But it sounds like they are pre-primed since they are working so well.
Peva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:48 PM   #3

thanks peva.. but how do i tell if my charger is a smart charger? it says it's a quick charger though, with "refresh"function.
asr dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:27 PM   #4

It should have some indication in the operator's manual. If it has refresh, most likely it is "smart", i.e., isn't a fix time charger.
Peva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:35 PM   #5

I read that the refresh sanyo charger discharges the cells before it starts to charge. Is it the silver charger that says "refresh" on it?

Where did you get them? sanyo is good stuff. Ive always used sanyo when racing R/C cars and their cells were always the best. All the top racers used Sanyo cells.
BowerR64 is offline   Reply With Quote