Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Feb 27, 2006, 1:28 PM   #1

I always heard good things about RipVan100 so went ahead and ordered a charger and batteries from them last November.I received a non-working charger. When I contacted them repeatedly via their website, I did not receive a response to my complaint for 2 months, and had to buy another charger in the meantime. RipVan 100 then sent me another charger that I had absolutely no use for. Returned both chargers, and receipt was confirmed by RipVan100 over 2 weeks ago. I have not received a refund yet!PayPal says they can't help me as th original order was too long ago. What to do!NB
nellybly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2006, 5:26 PM   #2

If I were you, I would give RipVan100 a little more time to provide you with a refund. They seem to run a respectable business, and have been around for awhile. I don't know all of the details of your transaction, but it appears that they sent you a second charger even though you had not returned the defective unit to them. Not too many businesses would have done that. According to their site, they back their chargers with a lifetime satisfaction guarantee. If they acknowledged receipt of the two units two weeks ago, the check could be in the mail.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 1:44 AM   #3

Thanks, I would like to think that they will do the right thing, but since it has been 3 months since the original purchase now, I am a little bit annoyed, especially since I have very little recourse due to the fact that I trusted them and waited. You'd think that they would want to get this resolved as much as I do!

NB
Old Mar 1, 2006, 7:23 AM   #4

I bought one of these and it was a dud also. It would not charge and it would not discharge...I sent it back and got a refund, they have a phone number you can call to sort out your problem.
Roboshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:18 PM   #5

Thanks, that is a good idea.* I am so used to not using the phone when I order online that I didn't think of it! Duh!

NB

UPDATE: I did receive credit today, finally.* Way to go RipVan100!
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:07 AM   #6

I just bought the Ripvan 4000N as well. The unit was dead on arrival. I plugged it into the powerpoint, and it just popped straight away and a bit of smoke came out.

I live in Australia and the postage cost a bit more. I don't feel it is fair for me to pay the postage to send the failed unit back, and also the postage for a new unit to be sent.

I have sent an email via their online feedback form asking them for alternative options. Hopefully, I hear back soon.

Will keep you posted.

UPDATE - I have posted an update a few messages below.
radman_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:27 PM   #7

I have two of their chargers. What I like about them is the 100-220v acceptance and the small size. But, neither of the units delivers a full charge. They just cut off too early.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 2:13 AM   #8

Radman

We can help you with a quality charger in Australia. Maha offer a 3 year or lifetime warranty, and many in the US will testify to the quality and technology they demonstrate.
servaasproducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:50 PM   #9

Just want toupdate thatRipvan contacted me after I sent them an email notifying them of the unit Dead on Arrival.

The offered to send me a brand new unit for free, and I don't have to spend money sending the old unit back as well.

I have now received my new unit and it is working well.

Excellentcustomer service Ripvan!
radman_30 is offline   Reply With Quote