Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Apr 8, 2003, 6:57 PM   #1

Default charging batteries in UK?

Going to the UK in two weeks and am definently bringing my uzi but I need to make sure that my battery charger will work once there because there is different power voltage in the UK than the US..... I have an Olympus bu100 charger and on the bottom it says for the imput 100-240v ac 50-60hz........ if someone can point me to some adaptors or the such that I would need will much appreciate it.....

Thanks,
Dave
nodave3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2003, 7:38 PM   #2

We use 230-240v @ 50Hz over here so that charger sounds fine.

All you'll need is an adaptor to change it to our 3-pin plug type. It might be easiest just to pick of these up from the airport when you actually travel (I'm sure any airport would sell stuff like this) unless you find yourself in a shop that sells them before hand.
Eddie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2003, 7:58 PM   #3

Thanks for that info just want to be sure.... I've seen that plug at a AAA store and no one seem to know if it would work or not.... I don't want to blow up any batteries or anything :roll:

Thanks, And looking forward to visiting the UK
Dave
nodave3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 10:03 AM   #4

I work with guys from US all the time and they seem to get their 2 pin laptop plugs into our 3 pin plugs without adaptors! Not good Health and Safety though - airport adaptor is best. Don't worry about the volts or frequency. These electronic units (you know this 'cos they don't weigh much) generally take a wide range input mains and charge batteries.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote