Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old May 30, 2006, 6:13 AM   #1

I want to share my experience with you guys about the Energizer 2500 AA battery. I bought 4-pack Energizer 2500NiMH AA batteries from Fry's. I test them immediately using the "test mode" in La Crosse charger. They are 2560, 2590, 2650, 2600 respectively. I was very happy with them and wanted to buy more.

A week later, I found Sam's club had 8AA(2500)+4AAA(850) Energizer batteries package for only 18.99. I bought one. After I tested 4 AA cells, I cannot believe my eyes: 1650, 1745, 2100, 1682 for each. I wonder if I bought some fake Energizer (Sam's club told me those were real Energizer, I just bought defective one).

Before I return them, I compared the new bad cells with the previous 4 good cells. I found there are several diffences: the good one has black cover paper in positive, while the bad one has green cover paper; the good one has smaller positive node, while the bad one has bigger one; the good one is made in China, the bad one is mad in Japan.

I think the Energizer has two souces of OEM: one is from China, the other is from Japan. I am very satisfied with the former one from China. I will rate them as 2600mAh or even 2700mAh. For those cells from Japan, I will rate them as 1700mAh, and throw into trash bin.

That is my experience. I hope it will be helpful. I strongly recommend you the Energizer 2500 with black cover paper in positive, which is from China. NEVER EVER buy those Energizer from Japan.
nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2006, 10:28 AM   #2

Try "REFRESH" mode and let us know.
yawglenn is offline   Reply With Quote