Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jun 2, 2006, 1:45 AM   #1

I have a 2600 NiMH Camelion Battery and I had charged it to full a week ago. Today I put the battery in the camera and immediately it showed low battery. I would like to know if NiMH batteries discharge so quickly??
archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2006, 4:35 AM   #2
E.T

Might be bad cell, do you have digital multimeter?
Measuring voltage of cells say day or two after full charge would tell if there's bad cells in them.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 3:50 AM   #3

The batteries are good i think. The charger may be defective. Its a transformer based charger.
archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 9:56 AM   #4

Sounds like the Energizer phenomenon folks are reporting in another thread. I don'texperiencethis with my Powerex 2500 AAs, but share your experience with the Energizer 2500s that I bought in Dec.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 1:37 PM   #5

I've always had unused power dischard in NiMH and NiCd batteries. Usually it was more like 2 weeks to a month, but there is some discharge in a week.

However, I got an email about a new type of NiMH that supposedly has a VERY low natural discharge rate. This could be just hype from a seller. I have not had a chance to test these and was curious if anyone here had.

They are called Titanium NiMH. Yes, titanium has been buzz worded into yet another product.

Here is the site:

http://www.amondotech.com

Love to hear back if anyone has used a titanium NiMH and had any luck with the discharge problem.

mkmcgregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 4:43 PM   #6

Sounds like a good concept. Testing reportedon Candlelight forums indicate that they charge to 26xx mAh, less than advertised capacity. Also, shipping on a set of 4 cells is more than $8.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 5:22 PM   #7

That's part of the reason that I haven't tested them yet, they're a little pricey to convert everything over. I'm hoping once in mass production via multilple channels, and they prove to be useful at fixing the discharge problem, they will come down toa reasonable level. We'll see.
mkmcgregor is offline   Reply With Quote