Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 13, 2006, 10:38 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8

Will my battery charger still work if there is some stuff that looks like battery acid on the charger? It's about 2 years old.
Radio Shack - NI-MH and NI-CD

Thanks for the help?

crackedcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:21 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 358

Hello Crackedcam,

The first question is how did the electrolyte get there? Your batteries that vented may not work well, and they may leak again and overheat during subsequent charging. You should replace any batteries that have vented.

You can take a damp paper towel and clean up the vented electrolyte on the charger the best you can, and it should work fine. I would keep an eye on it during the first few charge cycles just to make sure.

SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:48 AM.