Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jun 21, 2006, 8:15 PM   #1

I would like to charge Li-Ion batteries with the charger I used with my NIMH batteries. Is this possible, as I have a Canon charger for the batteries used in my CanonS-20, I know it is old and only has a 2-1 zoom but I like the small size and great pictures. Do not lkike to take the Olympus C7070 all the time when I just want a smaller camera on my belt.

I would like to switch over to the Lithium batteries now that they are available.

Some say this is possible some say not what is the real answer?

Thanks in advance. :roll:ektared
ektared is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2006, 5:27 AM   #2
blr

ektared wrote:
Quote:
I would like to charge Li-Ion batteries with the charger I used with my NIMH batteries. Is this possible, as I have a Canon charger for the batteries used in my CanonS-20, I know it is old and only has a 2-1 zoom but I like the small size and great pictures. Do not lkike to take the Olympus C7070 all the time when I just want a smaller camera on my belt.

I would like to switch over to the Lithium batteries now that they are available.

Some say this is possible some say not what is the real answer?

Thanks in advance. :roll:ektared
NO!!! Li-Ion batteries are charged using different methods. Even if your cells fit the charger you should never charge LI-based cells in a charger designed for other types. Besides ruining your batteries you are running the risk of fire and leakage of toxic chemicals.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote