Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old May 9, 2003, 8:13 AM   #1

Default 3rd Party Panasonic FZ1 Battery

Ok, everyone, I think I have found a source for a 3rd party (AKA After Market) battery for the Panasonic FZ1. I can't give you a price right now, but I can tell you that it will be far less than the $75 Panasonic charges. Possibly $30 (plus shipping of course). I have not seen this battery, handled the battery, nor used the battery, so I can not vouch for how it compares to the real McCoy.

The battery is coming from a distributor in Hong Kong (remember the FZ1 has been out for several months overseas before it was released here in the US). It is a no-name battery. I think there might be a possibility that there will be a minimum order. So, I will need to know how many people are interested and how many batteries you will take. Also, if I go ahead with this, I would require payment in advance of receipt of product. I can not vouch for the distributor, but I have been corresponding with them for the past several days and the person I have been talking to sounds legit and their web site doesn't look like my sister did it.

Battery details:

Capacity : 680mAh
Voltage : 7.2V

I have seen a picture of the battery, and it looks just like the Panasonic.

Let's discuss this off the discussion board, so please e-mail me:

[email protected]

Again, there's the possibility that there will be a minumum order. I need to know how many people are interested and how many you would purchase. Also, there could be a delivery time of over 15 days as it might take over 15 days to get to me.

Thank you
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2003, 11:35 PM   #2
Administrator

Please note that I have no knowledge of this user (pro or con) so any dealings that you have with him on or off this forum is out of my control. I'm sure that he is probably just trying to help people but again, we can not be responsible for your payment or insure that you will receive the battery.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2003, 6:01 AM   #3

Thanx Steve, but I guess you do need to throw a disclaimer in there.

Right now, I am just trying to get an idea who would be interested in the batteries. If I do not get enough interest, then I am not going to go forward with this.

BTW, you can look at my eBay feedback if you want. My eBay user ID is "a-non-y-mouse" and my feedback rating is "31".

The reason I am asking for the payment up front is because the distributor wants payment up front.

I realize this is a risk and you need to decide if you are willing to do that. I have been completely honest and I'll answer any questions you may have. Again, the distributor is in Hong Kong, so if they don't deliver I don't know what course of action we could take, but I certainly would persue whatever recourse we have available.

Thank you again!
-N
Old Jun 12, 2003, 6:46 AM   #4

What is the name of distributor and website?
car1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2003, 7:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by car1ce
What is the name of distributor and website?
Well, I'm not sure if I want to give away my source just yet. That would be like asking people on eBay to tell you their source for the product they are selling.

They want a 20 order minimum, so if everyone went through one person and we got in an order for 20 units vs 20 people putting in for one unit. Plus because of shipping costs from Hong Kong (where they are located) it would actually be cheaper to buy in bulk. Also, I haven't checked into any customs regulations, such as having to pay any tariffs or other fees for bringing these in to the U.S.

So far (if I count you too) I have only four people interested in doing this. I was thinking about going to my local shop (where I got the FZ1) and ask them if they would be interested in the batteries.

Also, this distributor does have 3rd party batteries for other cameras and not just the FZ1.